Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

5 Likes

Forklift is now in the game :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok the new mark IV armor is awesome and all the sets they have in the shop look amazing. There are so many awesome armor parts available now, they could have easily filled an entire 100 tier season pass with this spirit of fire theme alone. Iā€™m a little bumbed out that 90% of the good stuff is in the shop while the free 20 tier pass is mostly filled out with emblems.

is it?

Thatā€™s pretty much how itā€™s always been but I donā€™t really complain, iv put days worth of play into Infiniteā€™s MP and havenā€™t spent a penny, they gotta make money somehow

https://x.com/mr_rebs_/status/1752478424956796936?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

3 Likes

Fantastic

Steam numbers:

• last nightā€™s peak - 13945
  • Winter Contingency 3 - 8892
  • Firefight launch - 13210
  • Combined Arms - 12728
  • Season 5 - 18002
  • Season 4 - 8345

Honestly not that bad considering how deflated parts of the community felt. Hopefully future operations/content updates maintain the momentum or build upon it.

Steam numbers donā€™t mean much, players on that store vehemently dislike Halo because is similar to CS. On Xbox it is always among top 10 games overall and thatā€™s the number (I also remember Xbox MAUs are higher than Steam).

I already spent so much :smiling_face_with_tear:

Guess what bumbs me out is, that I love all the new sets but you need to spent like 150$ to get it all. They at least could have put half of these in the battle pass.

Sure Steam numbers arenā€™t everything (est. 20-25% of Infiniteā€™s playerbase), but theyā€™re indicative of relative popularity at any given time.

Infinite is #20 on the US XBL chart, though there is always a delay to the XBL chart, so the uptick wonā€™t be seen until at least a few days from now.

Iā€™m only interested in death effects, hate how the new ones are always bundled with something else for 1800 halobucks. You can get some of the old ones individually for 600-700.

I mean it was 7th in the top sellers today on Steam. Some people really like it.

Usual bump after new ā€œseasonā€, itā€™s the minimum for a game/ip that big. Not many games have bombastic season releases like Halo, which also reinforces the notion of next game launching feature complete, not lacking them.

If for once 343i can build on features from game to game and not scratch them, it can be a big win for them, Halo and Xbox.

I think the monthly events are a bit of a step down from the full battlepasses, and kinda hope they balance the cosmetic releases a bit better moving forward - but I half think part of the ā€œproblemā€ with the store is that they adjusted it not long ago to make a lot more content available at once (which people wanted) and that means most of the new content for the next few months is just available all at once.

So I donā€™t think think this is actually as big a push to shop content as people are treating it as, itā€™s just being presented differently.

Store is as predatory as it can be, itā€™s the lifeline of the game and I guess it wasnā€™t enough for them, considering they first cut expensive cutscenes from seasons then seasons themselves for the game (just when the seasons become actually good, bummer).

Considering we are ā€œonlyā€ within the third year of the game, I doubt it would be very healthy in 2026 when we expect a new game. Maybe they will have one before, but they canā€™t release another incomplete package (if thereā€™s one incomplete game, that was Infinite at launch, there wasnā€™t even the basic reload option in campaign, come on), fanbase would hate it, media pundits would joke about it and the cycle will start again.

Maybe there is some spin-off in production, I think itā€™s the only solution to appease fanbase, keep the IP relevant enough and give time to the next main installment to be the complete return to form everyon want.

The only way the can do that is if Infinite 2 builds on Infinite the way Reach built on H3, thatā€™s why reports of the switch to UE5 make me worried. Another hard reset is going to be so painful.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m against UE5, firstly because of the same reasons you say, secondly because I donā€™t think it would be sensible to apply it for the next main game with all the risks attached, maybe they can try it for some spin-off, I donā€™t see a next Halo with everything you expect if they use UE5, imo it would be more incomplete than Infinite and god helps us if thatā€™s the case.

An Infinite 2 will all features and everything more polished can be the win 343i is looking for imo. People already like the gameplay loop, the complaints were all because of content (cut campaign, lacking of mp maps, forge, custom games, playlists, etcā€¦).

1 Like

If your talking playercpunts sure, but i have never seen Infinite chart revenue higher than cod even with a season (talking 150% player difference).

Im not saying Halo saved, just very suprised as i like looking at these figures. They added something to the shop people liked (even if its short term)

1 Like

Halo doesnā€™t even need to be ā€œsavedā€, the IP is still relevant and profitable, but it can be bigger if better managed, absolutely. Everything depends on launch, games live and die with it and Infinite one was the classic bright flame which extinguished too early.

Even MS acknowledged it, after third main game launch and the repeating of constant woes, they went scorched Earth with 343 management.

2 Likes

Gotta wonder how many people get tricked into thinking the operation pass costs $5. At least this time the premium reward (classic AR) is really cool, bought it myself.

1 Like