Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

Played a BTB game on Gephyrophobia from Halo CE and it was so much fun. Tons of vehicles and gravity lifts with vehicles flying across the map.

Infinite needs more of these huge BTB maps where vehicles are kings.

Such a great update.

I agree, the menu is one of the worst in the series with Halo 5 and Halo 4. The background is static and nothing special (rocks ?), the colors are cold and it never changes. Day and night compared to Reach or the MCC.

So is the CGB busted for everyone else or is it just me

I can’t seem to get into games or when I am lucky enough to finally get into one, whenever it’s finished and I leave to go and play something else, it stays stuck loading on 0% and then when I leave that to try something else, I can’t even select join game for another one

Is it this bad for anyone else?

Feels like 343 has really kicked it up a gear these last months. Really great to see.

6 Likes
11 Likes

I think it came down to extending Season 2. People were angry but it was completely necessary. Getting basic features done alongside trying to execute a live service was resulting in nothing being done well.

It was a tough call; it was the right call. Really happy for them because I think they’re feeling the love right now.

You’re definitely right about that but I do think it could be far more impactful in setting a mood. I think right now you can look at MCC as a benchmark. It’s not super colorful but it’s gorgeous and sets the Halo mood quite well.

Infinite’s menus doesn’t hold up to any of the previous Halo games and I do think it is important enough to get sorted out in the future but obviously lower priority than many other things. Obviously netcode fixes are higher priority than the menus at this point but I do hope in the future (whether it’s Season 4 or Season 5) that there is a complete revamp from the ground up.

2 Likes

After today they deserve this victory lap, and hopefully they’ve all got a solid holiday break planned I’m sure this was quite a challenge to get launched so early.

3 Likes

When community becomes fun.

2 Likes

Yeah. This is coming hot off the Winter Update, and they mention the studio has found it difficult but feel they are finding their feet now.

Before we know it season 3 will be round the corner as well.

5 Likes

How many W you want?

6 Likes

It seems an age that 343 has had an unmitigated W.

1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like

For those craving Halo 5’s advanced movement.

4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Folks - want to capture some fun clips from folks and test the new map Perilous, and it’s set-at-night sister map, Borderline - any around this evening for some games?

4v4 max.

@ me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

there’s “only” tryhard on Halo Infinite MP, it’s not being that fun playing
 :sob:

Lie again.

1 Like

This is not true - you can always try Customs Browser for less ‘sweaty’ matches.

3 Likes