Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

My response

12 Likes

You can tell a lot of people online didnā€™t bother watching the video whatsoever, where they have said that getting content out at a faster pace is their #1 priority. Itā€™s not like they WANT this to happen or donā€™t care as people are implying. Personally Iā€™m feeling pretty good that Season 3 is where the tides will start to turn, as the six-month waits should be a thing of the past, and the wait for co-op and Forge will be over, freeing some of the team up for other features. I personally think weā€™re at a better spot now compared to launch.

But no, they should all be fired. As if thatā€™ll help the situation.

Unrelated but Iā€™m really excited for the 4 upcoming maps they revealed. They all sound unique and should hopefully be fun to play on. Maybe their pace with new maps has been slow, but you canā€™t deny the quality. Catalyst and Breaker exceed the launch maps IMO, and I think thatā€™ll be the case with these new ones as well.

6 Likes

I understand the frustration with 343. I will never understand calling for 343 to be shuttered/moved off halo. That just delays content further. 343 were not ready to support a live service game and are restructuring the studio to do so. This change doesnt happen over night and calling for them to be taken off Halo is an extremely premature and dare I say immature take.

13 Likes

343 is very open and honest and in return they recieve outrage. If I were a dev why would I want to communicate with these people?

9 Likes

I have nothing against 343 I just think they need more support studios who can help them make a successful live service game.

3 Likes

Goes to show how hard it is to make a live service game nowadays.

1 Like

Which is why itā€™s bizarre SkyBox hasnā€™t been purchased and consolidated into 343. I mean there entire working history is supporting Xbox games studios.

1 Like

I think Microsoft will eventually acquire Skybox Labs and Certain Affinity but I donā€™t see it happening until after the ABK acquisition.

1 Like

The way I keep seeing people compare current day Destiny to current day Halo Infinite is probably the most disingenuous shit I have seen in a long time.

4 Likes

It happens in other aspects of life too of course, but when gamers get in their feels about something a fairly large percentage of them are likely to say something illogical about the situation.

2 Likes

I have always thought the gaming media is a bit immature and toxic, todays outrage over not unexpected news about Halo is probably the worst I have felt about the space in a while.

3 Likes

Ains is a good dude

6 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see the BR mode that certain affinity is cooking up. Might not see it till e3 I guess. Probably good because warzone 2 will dominate the space for some time.

3 Likes

Gonna be honest here, Halo is not Xbox flagship IP anymore it has not been so in a long time & now that MS bought Bethesda and are about to finish buying ABK. The days of Halo being Xbox flagship IP are pretty much over and done with, which is fine Halo is a long and story franchise it peaked and now time for other Xbox game franchise to take the reign.

5 Likes

I disagree. Halo 4 was the fastest selling halo game. I believe halo 5 was the best selling Xbox one game by Microsoft. Mcc hit like 120k players on steam which was like 6 years after the game had already been out on xbox.

In my opinion halo shares the flagship title with forza horizon currently. A good battle royale, along with good support for infinite and I think it has the potential to reclaim the sole spot, if we arnt counting call of duty.

-edit. Although thereā€™s overwatch, diablo,starfield as well. Damn Xbox gunna be crazy this gen. Still think halo is a flagship title, and brand for Xbox.

Halo peaked in 2007 with Halo 3 though, while ODST & Reach Halo was already on the decline. Like i said it is fine, Halo does not need to be Xbox number 1 franchise anymore. This is not the Xbox of 2013 with only 6 first party studio, they have over 30 now. I would put Elder Scrolls, Fallout, COD, Diablo all above Halo as Xbox new king tier franchise.

1 Like

Destiny first expansion was released exactly a year later and was considered a major turn in the game, Sea of Thieves by very late 2018 was considered a better experience.

The problem is why 343 blunders on they promise only to be delayed, basic stuff that would be implemented in a half season worth gets delayed or canned. Shutting down is a bad idea because they still did a good output, but halo since its inception has been on acclaimed output, thatā€™s the standard, and the studio has been going worse with each game in that aspect.

Itā€™s not a problem to criticize and discuss that the management has been going awful with it, which is why the talk is that they should do their own IP rather than have one with such huge standards set. Why companies like Activision triple COD can even do such massive contents with lots of outsourcing, the exact same stuff 343 did, with all the content out of door? It is a problem with the studio and seems to be solely even only at it compared to all other Xbox studios.

Well 343 is currently going through an overhaul of the studio. Staten deserves time to build his team and see the results. 343 has a lot of f ups in the past but this is a new regime.

5 Likes

They really shouldā€™ve dropped development for XB1 because I felt keeping the XB1 in mind held this game back.

1 Like

It not that the game is being held back by old hardware, it is the live service aspect and not having content coming fast enough is the problem.

Gameplay is good while the live service is not.

2 Likes