Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

Forge is a possibility but we’ll see.

Popular streamers go where the money is, I just don’t think there’s an interest there for arena console shooters.

Even the mainline COD games struggle to make some noise on Twitch.

And that shows you that Twitch is not an accurate/foolproof metric to judge if a game is dead or not.

COD Warzone itself does not have that many viewers on Twitch, yet we know it continues to be amongst the most played games right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, Twitch only amplifies what’s already there, it’s not the end all be all.

Some games just don’t mesh well with streaming to a live audience.

2 Likes

I just checked the numbers now out of curiosity and you’re bang on.

I’m wondering what you all thought about the potential of Forge helping in this space.

I’m an out of touch Boomer that might be oversimplifying things but I get the feeling that the creativity and near endless amount of content will help both streamers have something new to do everyday and grab an audience looking for something new and fun.

I think Forge could lead to more, even if slightly, Twitch viewership due to what you mentioned. A streamer may want to create something new on Forge and get the viewers to give feedback on what to create.

I would guess that any game that allows for user generated content may lend itself well to Twitch streaming (like Grounded due to base building).

Follow the link if you have any questions for YHMAH this Thursday

1 Like

Really not that far now.

3 Likes

13 days!

Halo infinite gameplay is addictive. So easy just to load up a casual game and have fun. Looking forward to forge and eventually a custom games browser.

5 Likes

We’re live in just over 3 hours!

1 Like

Hope they rework the menu and UI to be more in line with the MCC. Switched from Overwatch to Halo and it really strikes me how bland it is (the font, the lack of colors and overuse of white and grey, the menu never changes when there is a new event, the background are static and nothing special…).

1 Like
1 Like

Coincidentally I checked out MCC to note Warthog physics over the games in contrast to Infinite, and I completely forgot how great the UI was (it’s possible that they’ve upgraded them even more since I last hosted LAN parties which would be pre-covid).

Season 3 would be a good time for a front end UI makeover, including the player lobby. In many respects it truly is the lowest of priorities but it would communicate that the game is revamped and renewed. I appreciated the new music and loading screen for Season 2.

2 Likes

The game UI will eventually change. I still stand that going into 2021 was about releasing the game in a not Gotham Knights condition.

We have a special interview podcast tomorrow night. Sir Iron Wolf from Forgehub will be joining the show for a chat about their site! Jon/Sik is joining as well!

Follow the link if you want to ask any questions.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Will you need Gold to play co-op?

6 Likes

I believe so