Halo |OT| Master Chief's Breath of the Wild Moment (Part 1)

I know but normally you want to get your negative news out before your positive news. Also I consider both these things when I think of full mp

I would prefer 343 to delay Halo Infinite again. Iā€™m not feeling very confident about this game after these major features being delayed.

Iā€™m good with this better then waiting until spring 2022. Still gotta consider how covid delayed a lot of projects. What scares me though this game was supposed to release last November could you imagine what it would have been had it launched?

2 Likes

thats very disappointing :frowning:

God help us all

1 Like

I take it as they prioritized single player and multiplayer and let the other stuff slide. So Iā€™m confident what will be there will be good and feel content complete

ā€¦though if itā€™s not. Then YEAH, they got some serious 'splainin to do

3 Likes

This will not go over well

They were really planning on releasing this last year?

I couldnt care less about campaign co-op but forge taking 6 months sucks ass

1 Like

Halo had campaign co-op? I did not know that. How did it even work? Two master chiefs?

The Co-Op campaign is definitely the one that stings the most since that has been a staple since Halo CE.

This definitely reads as a list of priorities that didnā€™t make the cut for launch in order to ensure that the game is out the door this holiday. It also seems like 343i wants to get the bad news out of the door in advance of the release date and the game is as much as a lock for this year as you can get.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll reaffirm that Staten has steered the game in a positive directionā€¦

Butā€¦

What the hell was Chris Lee doing when he was project leader. Like jesus, no wonder he ā€œleftā€, i.e sacked.

1 Like

Yeah that certainly played a huge part.

Not great news, but not something that will impact me too much personally. Hopefully the core components of the game are in good shape.

3 Likes

Did you forget an /s ? :wink:

No, I mean never played Halo in co-op. Did not even know that it was an option.

1 Like

Long time no see guys what up

Iā€™m mostly surprised at the co-op being cut. I figured that was something these games where designed around from the very beginning. I would never have guessed that, whilst Forge makes sense.

Halo having no coop and no forge is utterly disgusting, Iā€™m usually positive about halo but this is unacceptable

3 Likes

Oh ok, well I donā€™t play co-op either (has no friends) but yeah that is how many, maybe most?, play these games.

Of course it is disappointing, but in the big picture I donā€™t think it is some devastating type problem either IF the game is really great for both campaign and multiplayer (the tech preview was incredible for me when I played it). This is a very large scale game unlike almost anything else in terms of all of the various modes and expectations with COVID as a backdrop of course too, and clearly there have been development challenges along the way as we have known or assumed.

The campaign co-op is likely a bigger disappointment for most at launch than lack of Forge, but for me in a strange way I am almost glad to have an awesome co-op experience separated out for me so that I didnā€™t have to make the tough call on whether I wanted to go through the campaign solo first (always allows me to take the time to appreciate the details more than in co-op) or do a co-op run with friends. So the co-op run with friends will be on my backlog as almost a new game experience for me early next year I guess :slight_smile: And I am guessing that Forge is quite ambitious to the point that they would rather roll it out correctly than half baked to start, which is the right move in my opinion.

5 Likes

They have it, just at a later time.

1 Like