Halo |OT| Master Chief's Breath of the Wild Moment (Part 1)

Absolutely. I wish there was a way to use grappleshot to pull the larger Hog/Back vehicles to you. Maybe in a co-op 4 player match we can? That would be a nice touch.

2 Likes

Loading a Razorback full of marines fully equipped with SPNKRā€™s is the most fun Iā€™ve had in gaming in a long ass time. I canā€™t say it enough, I love this game so damn much.

1 Like

Also, I feel sorry to all those Marines who followed me into areas they had no means of escaping from. I donā€™t know why they jumped down. Honestly. I couldnā€™t even call in an air-lift for them. Would be hilarious to see how many marines have been stranded on the side of the ring structures.

It would be great if we were able to grapple marines as well

3 Likes

Theyā€™re insanely powerful and fun to have, I like how it seems they have infinite ammo too, I hope thereā€™s a lore explanation for that :joy:

2 Likes

Now this is good game design

2 Likes

Especially with their habit of following Chief into areas that they canā€™t get out of. I feel like a sheep herder half the time but again Iā€™m not complaining at all, itā€™s hilarious.

Could make it an upgrade in the future, tap RB to use grapple like you normally would or hold to pull something towards you

Also ditch how grenades and equipment are selected and make it a weapon wheel instead, hold left and select grenade with right analog stick and for equipment hold right although personally, id find a way to make grapple dedicated to a button rather than be switched out for other equipment, its too fun and too neccessary to the gameplay to be constantly switched out

11 Likes

:skull:

4 Likes

So pleased to hear someone on the XboxEra podcast referenced the frankly insane, dated, warthog controls. What the hell?!

Glad the ā€œfloatingā€ vehicles feels much easier to control using the same mechanics.

1 Like

@PoderickPayne

I have the same sentiment.

The second playthrough Iā€™m doing right now in heroic is two times more enjoyable because I know what Iā€™m doing.

Also, I can pay more attention to story beats which are traditionnaly scarce in all Halo games. I mean, figuring out the mysteries and what all the characters are babbling about are part of the fun.

So yeah, like all the Halo games, the second time and all the playthroughs after that actually, are the best.

I feel the story is really good now, although I wasnā€™t sure before as I havenā€™t had the time to take it all in.

The driving in Halo is abyssmal. I do not understand why it is the way it is.

As /r/Halo would say, ā€œIt has 20 years of heritage.ā€

Jfc, is this another one of those ā€œlegacyā€ bs things?

That said, everything else has reeled me in though. I wasnā€™t sure at first and sometimes the writing can be pure Sci FI mumbo jumbo, but it is fun.

Oh for sure, the game is awesome. Doesnā€™t mean some parts canā€™t suck :wink:

1 Like

The tank is horrible. I donā€™t understand it at times when I re-enter it new it wants to drive backwards despite where the arrow indicates and where Iā€™m pushing. I donā€™t remember the others ever being this bad. Eventually Iā€™ll get it going how it should, but those minutes I want back. Shouldnā€™t have to suffer for it.

1 Like