Halo Infinite releasing fall 2021 - Halo Waypoint

It’s looking great and still almost a year of work to go!! My excitement for this is once again rising!

1 Like

I’m by no means a big Halo fan, for whatever reason I’ve never really got into the game(s), but I’m glad 343 are taking their time to get this right and meet expectations.

2 Likes

You really tell something feels different compared to 4 and 5

1 Like

Yea, lost in all the Craig hyperbole was the core gameplay that looked fun as hell.

5 Likes

Damn what a huge upgrade

5 Likes

I feel that they won’t actually look that good in game. There’s no way right? That’s too good.

Multiplayer designer said it is in game

2 Likes

I feel like those are in menu screenshots. Probably when selecting armor and other personalizations.

Maybe I’m wrong. And I’ll gladly eat my words. But if I walk up to another player in slayer and they look that good I’ll be floored. It would be the best looking game ever Made I think.

Thumbs up. I still think it comes November 2021

November 15th?

Yeah it won’t look THAT good during gameplay. Even Naughty Dog games that arguably have some of the best character fidelity and animation is only largely seen in cinematics whereas the gameplay versions of the characters are a lot less quality. I indeed think its gonna be a menu or customization screen where there’s no other systems involved so they can crank up the fidelity (basically increase texture set resolution and also slot in the highest quality LOD) and lighting. It looks fucking beautiful tho.

I’m sticking with Friday November 5th, 2021. Doesn’t need to be the exact date to celebrate 20 years especially when that celebration would continue throughout the 20th year.

November 15th, 2021 is a Monday when everyone goes back to work/school so I really don’t see this happening. Friday November 12th is a possibility but that depends on where other games land.

I expect Battlefield 6 to release in October with COD the week before Black Friday which puts Halo Infinite in the middle and it needs to release on a Friday so people can play it over the weekend.

But we’ll see how it all plays out.

Yep

What they showed us was just a quick look as well. It was enough to catch my interest though. A return to a less “busy” graphical style? With fresh tweaks like the grappling hook, or little things like shooting an enemy in the leg to cause them to stumble?

Please & thank you.

I was a bit disappointed that Craig took off as a meme. I understand why that happened, of course, but for me there was some good stuff in the gameplay demo that almost got ignored. Based on some of the things said in this new update though, 343 got the message that we are happy & excited to see more of the new gunplay. So that’s good :+1:

After seeing these images I’m completely happy to wait, I think it’ll be amazing in the end.

5 Likes

It really does. It’s only a MP map but man, in terms of lighting, details, materials it’s so much better.

That article by them sounds very promising. I’m hoping they touch upon everything that didn’t look too hot in the July footage. Those explosions for example, that was just bad and shouldn’t be. Halo 4 and 5 weren’t exactly bad with special effects, hell no.

If they can get the campaign to look like the 2018 engine trailer…I’d love that. Whatever the case may be, next time they show off the campaign again it’s undoubtedly going to be a real nice improvement.

I wonder,…

Has they decided to release it this year, would all these visual updates have come in post launch patches?

1 Like

On pure gameplay perspective and game design structure yes it looks hot fun as hell and really solid. Man a metroidvania fps rpg is pure hype. You can see lots of details also about the physics and interactions with AI during the demo… It was just the graphics that needed a big improvement for me.

2 Likes

Yeah they look a huge improvement over what we saw in July, which is quite promising considering multiplayer modes don’t always tend to look quite as good as the graphics from the campaign. Amazing the difference lighting can make to a game. I wonder if they can get (interiors at least) looking close to the graphics of the 2019 trailer?

I have been quite critical of 343 but I will say fair play to them for directly addressing the criticisms aimed at the game. Even the explanation about what was lacking with the Brute/Craig and how they’re planning to improve it was good to hear. Certainly has made me feel more confident about the game in a way, just a shame we have such a long wait!

2 Likes

I think that internally 343i intended to do all of these updates within a 12 month period.

They miscalculated, thinking that the fans would be accepting of this.

Those are all in game screenshots.

1 Like