Halo Infinite Director (Chris Lee) leaves 343, remains at Microsoft

Edited the thread title for a touch more clarity

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s a secret that Infiniteā€™s development hasnā€™t been smooth sailing with the various director changes and the delay. Anything beyond that, until we hear more, is just baseless speculation that Iā€™m not really going to entertain. I hope Infinite turns out to be a great game, and if it needs more time in the oven, so be it. Itā€™s not like Game Pass doesnā€™t have other great games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting timing of this after the RDNA 2 stuff came outā€¦all Iā€™ll sayā€¦

I would rather wait until 2022 if its necessary. I just want this to be the best possible game it can.

While I agree with you, Jason has been going off the rails at almost Keighley levels since the last couple of months. Itā€™s odd considering he was one if the industriesā€™ prime luminaries.

3 Likes

Yeah, it definitely hasnā€™t been smooth sailing but they also are building an entirely new engine with the intent of providing for the next decade+ of Halo titles, so I tend to find much of the doom and gloom that certain journalists/bad actors perpetuate as melodramatic hyperbole. Of course, I too am not going to speculate but people tend to forget that 343 has still been putting in an enormous amount of support in MCC and Slipstream has expectations inherently placed upon it that so many engines simply donā€™t have to entertain; the way physics in Halo are expected to be world-class (shooting grenades mid-air, projectile-based inertia, etc.), stable split screen support, theater mode, Forge, etc.

The engine work in itself is massive and I think people who donā€™t do any software engineering underestimate the workload that it creates. All this to say, I donā€™t doubt there have been problems but I refuse to listen to speculation and journalists who have a clear bent, nor will I call for someone to be fired at 343 - itā€™s immature and making a shotgun statement whilst seeing the pinhole of reality. Personally, I havenā€™t been disappointed by Halo 4 or Halo 5; I had qualms with each of course but loved more than enough to walk away happy. So if it takes another year to come out, Iā€™m fine with that (especially given the content Xbox should have coming) and itā€™s inarguable that itā€™s better for the health of Halo as a franchise for Infinite to launch when itā€™s actually ready.

2 Likes

Are you really insinuating that he waited until after the AMD press conference to tweet out about Chris Leeā€™s departure? This makes sense to you even when the Xbox twitter account didnā€™t send out their tweet over the RDA2 compatibility until after Jasonā€™s tweet?

Come on people, letā€™s be better than baseless conspiracy theories please.

3 Likes

By Dural,

You are right.

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™m not sure why this conspiracy theory took rootā€¦ but itā€™s 2020.

BTW, loved the new ā€œYou Had Me At Haloā€! Finally had some time to sit down and watch :slight_smile:

Man I hope they follow up those news with some Info on Halo Infinite. This silence just leads to speculation and who can blame the negative sentiment coming out of a news like this. I am really worried now but of course I want this game to be the masterpiece it deserves to be. I pray they deliver guys.

I donā€™t want to derail or catch a ban so weā€™ll just leave it beā€¦I get it though.

I just found it curious, thatā€™s all.

The 2 events seem completely unrelated.

Maybe they are doing it to reduce the attention, but I dont think the xbox division is that 3d chessy.

As a general rule, social media folks know absolutely nothing until theyā€™re told to post what they post.

2 Likes

Oh boy they are getting death threats too just like CDPR the person is a designer on the campaign

Thats good to hear

2 Likes