Halo campaign spoiler thread (DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS)

Nostalgia fans are fools😬

Not a super big Halo lore expert or anything (Have only played the games + watched the terminals in CE Anniversary/Halo 4/2 Anniversary)

Once again, I feel like there were a number of areas where 343 leaned a bit too hard into the lore and did not explain things particularly clearly for your average player - but I am not so sure they set out to do that anyway. 343 obviously focused on also telling a deeply personal story of Master Chief / The Weapon / The Pilot, and I think they nailed it.

Those arcs and moments of regret, pain, and hope were just phenomenal - and I think really welcoming for new players

So many great, vulnerable moments between those characters and they have me excited to see what is next from their adventure on Zeta Halo.

1 Like
2 Likes

Let me just say that Infinite really nails what Halo 4 set out to say … that the Forerunners are massive pieces of shit which contradicts this holy image the OG covenant had of them and thats beautiful. Never meet your heroes folks lol.

8 Likes

yep. Harbinger wasn’t even an enemy, sad that we had to kill her. Only because her species were functionally immune to the Halos that Forerunners imprisoned that whole species on the Ring. All a problem that Forerunners created themselves, then had to clean up their mess, by continuing to subject other species to bullshit they had nothing to do with.

The Forerunners were just a massively paranoid society fearful of losing control (as said by Despondent Pyre in an audio log) and proved with the Halo 4 terminals how they just butchered the Precursors out of the galaxy and sent ancient humanity back to the stone age all because the Humans were the true keepers of the mantle and not them.

3 Likes

imo the whole Mantle thing itself is a fundamentally degraded model of cosmic politics that might as well be abolished. Because it was a concept created by a species that treated the universe in a different way (very Spinoza-like) that instructed their entire moral and political concepts to be based around that metaphysics. But the “inheritors” of this very Mantle got to destroy the origins of it (Precursors) and bend the very idea of the Mantle to accommodate for everything they felt they had to do to stay in power, and that could include committing countless atrocities against several species. It had every potential since its origin to devolve into Cosmic imperialism and it did.

1 Like

Glad 343 sticked to their guns! Love how lore havy the game really is and by the look of it they will transfer more eu into the games. This is just the start.

The only sin the Endless committed was being immune to the Halo array and be as advanced as them :skull: and the Forerunners sent them to eternal prison.

2 Likes

Honestly I wanna fight alongside The Endless in the DLC, not against them lmaoo.

pretty much the same with the Orokin in Warframe. I guess it wouldn’t be that farfetched to say the Orokin were inspired by the Forerunners. Or both have a common ancestor in sci-fi where an ancient civilization is revered for the beauty it’s left behind in its architecture and religions, but were secretly horrible civilizations.

How they handle the endless is gonna be curious to me cause they got every reason to be furious with the galaxy lmao. Hope its not a “here is our new baddie” kill em.

1 Like

Now we have the Banished, Flood, and the Endless. Gotta see in due time where humans end up as far as allegiances and enemies go (not the Flood that much is sure lmao)

I’m like 99% sure the Endless are Precursor or atleast what they evolved into. I also really got scared when the Harbinger quoted the Gravemind one to one.

So assuming they are Precursor what would their relationship with the Flood be?

it’d be real funny if Offensive Bias also ends up joining the party.

I think this is a new race that is able to manipulate time

Have you seen the legendary ending?

yes.

What I meant to say is if the Endless could also defect AI to its cause with the Logic Plague like what happened with Mendicant.

nice, can’t wait to dig in

They are not precursor. They are an entirely new species.

Xaladin or something along those lines - its in an audio log.

2 Likes