Halo campaign spoiler thread (DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS)

I think she’ll pick the name Kait…

5 Likes

Seriously. I hope they can churn these expansions out relatively quickly. I’ve just been dicking around on Zeta all day post-campaign.

1 Like

That heavy-handed implication of her choosing Cortana must be misdirection.

1 Like

The base mobs were like flying drones/grunts, much like the base spore flood: they can overwhelm you, but only by numbers. I imagine there will be many other forms and then higher-ups like the Harbinger, but for now they are less threatening than Atriox alone. XD

The classic, you beat me, now I am your ally, like Piccolo and Vegeta. XD

I hope not, also she’s not Cortana outside the snap if the fingers gesture, why would she?

This lol

Sounds like a new enemy faction will be introduced in the future?

I think The Weapon will choose Cortana as her name. I think that is the perfect name for her too. She is Cortana. Just with her memory wiped (functionally speaking).

1 Like

Yea I think they are going to name her cortana essentially recreating that dynamic from the bungie games definitely clear that dlc is coming in the future around atroix and the endless whatever that is they seem to make it like they are worse than the flood?

1 Like

Yea the endless

Not Ori?

2 Likes

So excited for the future! So many potential plot threads

1. The endless (I think they are precursor, especially with Harbingers ‘now i will talk, and you will listen’ from an audio log (word for word same as Gravemind in 3, which is the precursor link))
  2. The flood (Cortana mentions ‘worse things then the flood stored on this ring’ when speaking to the monitor. Present tense, not past)
  3. The Banished (While they may be a power struggle for a bit for a new leader, the rest of the ring is currently under Banished contol, UNSC only have the shattered part)
  4. Atriox with Offensive Bias (What is his goal, why does he have Bias? Presumably he attacked Infinity to get Weapon to deal with Cortana for destroying Brute Homeworld, so what is he up to now?)
  5. The Infinity (We know it is heavily damaged, but we dont see its wreckage, so presumably it crashed further up ring. The frigates made it down in large chunks, so surely something bigger would still be recognisable)
  6. Secondary Characters (where is Lasky? Banished would Boast if they got him. Where is Palmer, Roland, Blue Team/Osiris Team? All main characters only mentioned/heard in logs)
  7. Horvath (the last Spartan before chief wakes up, the Final audio log is him mentioning he is going up ring)
4 Likes

1 Weren’t the Precursors become corrupted and then Floods? Zeta Halo is also the place were the Primordial, the last Precursor and first Gravemind was executed by the Didact.

2 She’s presumably speaking of the Endless.

3 I think this will be a main theme in the DLCs, it’s the way we’ll get new biomes.

4 I don’t think Atriox has Offensive Bias on his side, the ending seemed a scene divided from past to present, OB is said to have been dispatched to deal with the Endless, but I can be wrong obviously, it wasn’t super clear.

5 Halo Warfleet confirmed the existence of the ship Eternity, of the same class of Infinity, at least in construction. Or maybe they can repair it with Forerunners super technology, I mean, they were rebuilding the Halo itself. XD

6 I didn’t get all the audio logs (yet), but I think only Lasky is mentioned, Palmer and Team Osiris could easily have been dispatched somewhere else, there were other Spartans and the lead on the Infinity was MC himself (more than enough, military-wise). Roland is the other one presumably with Lasky, being the AI of Infinity.

7 Up ring?

Re: 7. log 10 for the separation collection is a spartan saying that UNSC comms are dead in this area, so he is heading up ring to see if he can find any survivors elsewhere on the ring

also RE 2: she is talking about endless but she mentions ‘flood stored’ not ‘flood were stored’ which implies flood currently are in storage at the present time

I really liked the story overall but especially the deeper themes like actions and consequences, the failures we make and how we reflect and live with them. The Pilot is devastated by his past actions and even Master Chief has to live with his failures. Atriox doesn’t want to change any of his past actions but Cortana reflects on her own actions and sees the wrong doing she did and makes good on them by sacrificing her a final time to unite The Waepon and Chief to make it right. I also got the sense that 343 referred to their own failures and how they try to make good on them.

Maybe I read to much into it but I thought this was beautifully told.

Everyone makes mistakes, even the best fail. But it is what we make of it that defines who we really are.

I think Cortanas reasons for becoming rogue didn’t got explained enough but I think 343 just wanted to get rid of all the clutter of the previous game.

All Spartans are dead, I assume Locke and Osiris too. Blue team maybe also.

The game had some gut punching moments for longtime fans, especially the early recap of when Master Chief and Cortana meet the first time. Very emotional for me.

Loved it overall.

Edit: I hope we get to fight the endless soon!

2 Likes

The oldest and most important rule of any story is “if you don’t see him/her dead, then he/she’s not”. It’s the first thing I thought when Escharum told Atriox was dead. XD

5 Likes

What really needs explaining is what happened on the Arc. The spirit of fire and captain cutter were fighting Atriox there. And professor Anders ended up on a Halo ring? Is she on Zeta? And what happened with the fight on the arc?

They partially explained in Halo: Shadows of Reach. Atriox came back to the galaxy using a Forerunner portal straight to Reach and the left the Elite commander in charge of Banished forces on the Ark. The ring used by Anders to escape Ark was the second replacement of Installation 04 (Alpha Halo) and was presumably captured by a Guardian controlled by Cortana. Anyway HW is most likely on ice, so IDK if story elements of Spirit of Fire will appear on mainline game, we’ll see. We already had Atriox and the Banished, I think the specific story of Ark conflict can be left within spin-offs and books.

2 Likes

Windows 11 presents Cortwona.

I mostly just nodded along to the cutscenes since I don’t have the best recollection of what happened in the previous games. Was there any significance to the pilot’s name? Was Escharum terminally ill or something? Was the Harbinger a Sangheili (sp?) Do we know anything about the Endless? It makes me think of the Flood.

1 Like

No significance to the pilot’s name, I guess just a nice moment for someone who’ll be around in the campaign for a while longer. I’d say the Harbinger’s definitely not Sangheili, more likely a Precursor, who seeded life throughout the galaxies, so the Sangheili could be a result of that. The Endless name was definitely giving me vibes of the Flood.

Dying to find out!

3 Likes

The implications of what the Endless are capable is insane.

4 Likes