Guardians of the Galaxy: Third person single player action game launching October 26th

Picked this up in the sale the other day, will probably start it 8n a couple of days.

Reading how people praise this game I wonder if we played the same thing. Yes, itā€™s charming, have great main cast/ characters, beautiful levels, but camera and controls are really bad, cuts from gameplay to cinematics too fast, badly timed, team mates AI is all over the place. Enemy design is a bit lazy, like you fight against some cubes and jelly blobs? Not to mention frame drops. At one point game ran super slow, so I needed to restart checkpoint. I couldnā€™t wait to finish it and move on.

4 Likes

Grabbed it on sale as well based off all of the glowing praise. Itā€™s mediocre.

I think the ~8 critics gave it is fair: grear production values and story, but gameplay and many details are average at best. The praise comes from the TGA award I think.

1 Like

Had this for Christmas its utter amazing

2 Likes

Itā€™s way better than it should be, thatā€™s for sure.

Even better than the films

1 Like

Through the first 5 missions and holy shit. This game is a delight

Great structure, awesome story. Excellent writing and voice acting. Fun combat and abilities. The funnest aspects you could borrow from the RPG genre, without actually being one. And visuallyā€¦this game just pops. It is vibrant and gorgeous

Terrific job by Eidos on a game that was criminally under supported by Square Enix. I really am starting to hate those assholes. But this game, I love

5 Likes

Itā€™s a very good game and the characters and story is great. Combat is absolutely awful though. But itā€™s a great testament to the game that itā€™s engaging enough to go through.

Iā€™m really enjoying this. I purchased it back in October when Target had buy two get one free and finally putting some hours into it. The story is just so good!!! Iā€™m hoping through its sales square can let Edios make a sequel, itā€™s fantastic.

The combat, is sort of the most ā€œmehā€ part of the game but itā€™s serviceable, I can see them definitely improving upon it if a sequel gets green lit.

2 Likes

Im in Chapter 5 and so far this is a game with two faces. Level design, exploration, secrets, characters, story, graphics is all very nice. Combat on the other hand is really unbalanced. Sometimes its piss easy, the next room its total chaos or not enough room to maneuver and you get attacked from off screen enemies. I had to drop the difficulty way down to easy at the end to enjoy it more. Canā€™t remember the last time i had to do this in a third person shooter.

Just beat it, the story is fun but in my opinion the combat gets old quick, its worth the play on game pass though 100%