Gears Twitter teasing something about Gears 2?

But why?

I mean the 360 games are already 4k on X and SX and very likely will soon be 60fps too.

With their online services still up there’s no reason unless they go full MCC

2 Likes

Most likely operation 6, and if I had to guess I would say wingman is coming back

Wingman and Classic Horde are the only things I can think of.

We basically have all the Gears 2 characters already

Check the twitter post, he made another comment afterwards.

It’s gears 5 operation 6 teaser, plus I’m pretty sure it is Hoffman and not Marcus. :slight_smile:

Wait it is the LAST operation?! Is there any source for this?! :frowning: Really sad to hear this, as gears 5 is genuinely my fave game to play and I’ve been loving the extra content.

I’m also assuming that we get Jacinto, Avalanche , Ruins and two new maps, only character we haven’t got is Prescott.

1 Like

This is what Im thinking lol. With the current enhancements the console offers there is zero need to be doing a ground up remasters (for like any game) particularly cause 2 and 3 still hold up.

1 Like

It’s this.

Gears 2 is X Enhanced. Doesn’t need a Remaster

It’ll be Operation 6

2 Likes

The only reason to consider remasters of Gears 2 or 3 is if they were going to port them to PC finally, otherwise there’s no point seen as they already run enhanced

2 Likes

I was going to say, I think it’s weird everyone’s dismissing an eventual remaster when literally 2-Judgment have yet to release on PC, and the PC port of Ultimate Edition being absolute garbage.

I bet we’ll see them all come in a collection within the next few years ala MCC. Allows them to close down the 360 servers sooner too (like Halo).

Coalition said that operation 6 will be different, that they will look at operations from a different pov. Some fans understood that as if operation 6 will be the last, but nothing is confirmed.

Not a remaster, it’s just Op 6

3 Likes

Thank god, wish they shut downs people’s silly theories sooner.

I’d be so disappointed if they wasted the coalitions talent on remaking old gears games.

They were great for their time, but I don’t want to play them.again with shiny new graphics.

Same here. MCC showed us how resource intensive a Fenix collection would be. Give Gears 2 and 3 the FPS Boost treatment and done.

Playing through 2 right now and graphically and mechanically it still holds up. If they give it a 60fps be no need to even talk remaster.

1 Like

I suspect they are batching these up to coincide with significant events. All older Gears getting FPSBoost before Operation 6?

I think the main focus is on xbox one games right now

2 Likes

Did Gears 2 get X enhanced? I know 3 did.

Would love a remaster, I wanna see Betty again!

Yes it did. All the Gears games are X enhanced apart from Gears 1.

1 Like