Gears Tactics can be pre-installed on Xbox One

How big is it?

:eyes:

1 Like

Itā€™s a 100MB placeholder. Final game is 29GB on PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-tactics-xbox/9pfn8j3v7g54?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Thanks, that makes sense.

I am still at the beginning but imo it is a good game. nice variant of the original. It would be even the better game if they would use the already known characters and would introduce some shit talking between moves.

The level variety was my main gripe with the game.

This type of game isnā€™t usually my jam, but thanks to GamePass, I may give it a good run.

Hoping for an August release.

As someone that hasnā€™t played it (been waiting for it to launch on Xbox), if thereā€™s no larger thing to build towards when doing side missions what is there thatā€™s forcing you to do them?

August is really busy for XGS. If itā€™s before Series X launch, Iā€™d say September.

Loads of game pass stuff already filling up my backlog so with all of the releases stacked in August (including wasteland 3) I reckon they can afford to put this one off until Series x launch.

I could see this being a September release. If Iā€™m not mistaken Microsoft has released a first party game almost every month this year.

you have to do a set amount of side missions between the story missions (most of the time)

es: act 2 chapter 3 to play chapter 4 you have to complete 2 side missions

Ohā€¦gross. That definitely feels like adding missions solely to pad the length of the game. Thanks for the info.

well yes and no

itā€™s not much padding imho, it felt like a way to sustain the progression(equipment boxes, XP, recruits etc) needed to beat the story encounters

Oh, well thatā€™s not so bad then. Thanks for the info (again).

Gonna try installing it through the mobile app.