Gaming recommendation thread!

If anyone wants a chill game to relax to Unpacking is a cool game. I heard someone else say its relaxing so I played it for an hour or two on Wednesday. It’s cool how it’s a puzzle game that tells a story.

2 Likes

Well there is Gems of War which is similar to the Puzzle Quest series if you are familiar with those. The core of the game is a “match-3” game (Bejeweled). This game though has and added card collecting/deck building element to it with spells you can cast to alter the gems on the board. It’s all PVE so you don’t face live competition. The closest you get is other people’s teams controlled by the computer are available to go up against in one game mode. It’s a free game so easy to try it out.

Be warned it is free to play game and has a ton of monetization elements in it. You don’t have to spend money on it, but the higher level stuff can be a grind. It can be a very casual game or predatory to those who have addictive personalities or issues with gambling.

1 Like

Lost Words: Beyond the Page is a wonderful little game on Game Pass now. I suspect a lot of people may try it then bounce off in the first few minutes, because it initially looks like a kid’s storybook game - but it is much more than that.

It’s one of my favorite games of the year.

1 Like

Yup - it’s an overlooked gem.

3 Likes

I have been shilling “Unpacking” all week its a wonderful puzzle/meditation/story game about moving house and… well unpacking.

Its short, simple, has some wonderful foley which makes placing things so satisfying, and is effortlessly “realistic”. It has made me cry twice playing it and once talking about it, since ut has affected me so much. (its not a sad game it has just resonated with me and my life).

Its not competative though, but its is nice and short and on gamepass so “free”.

For simple yet below the surface complex, and with a competative edge, I would suggest XCom 2 my partner and I love playing together buiding your squad is fun and heartbreaking when members are lost. The moment to moment is simple enough, cover, move, shoot. but then there is complexity to the management part of the game but being turn based you’re not “on the clock”.

:green_heart:

2 Likes