Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

F***

They did it :grin:

They could have just announced the price in this stream and win it

“Ayyemdee is holding back computer grafix!” Will be the DF verdict.

Don’t do this.

2 Likes

The GoW:R tech deep dive is not particularly impressive stuff tbh. Scaling back res in exchange for super slight upgrades in a few settings, then just crank things to 11 on PS5. Expected it to push PS5 a bit more.

1 Like

It seems like GoW:R was not that impressive.

However we now know that cross-gen games are the good thing :joy:

GOWR may not be all that impressive but my goodness, give me that 60fps locked with perfect frame pacing for every game and I would be so very happy!!!

3 Likes

I don’t focus on anyone’s personal take these days

At the end of the day, devs are the ones making these titles. They will always know better

1 Like

this is why people are wanting something that has 60 default - i 'd much prefer an amazing look game at 60fps, like this, rather than a fixed 30fps 2k or 4k game.

each to their own, but after hopping from the Switch to Series S and binging on all the FPS boost back comp games, it’s hard to go back to a 30fps title, and i think i might have become “one of those”.

1 Like

Thats like willing an argument in existence without any evidence. God of War is polished because it was polished, not because of some hardware configuration. Why are other crossgen games buggy? Oh.

3 Likes

I wonder when video game tech tubers will accept that ray tracing becoming the norm will be a slow march that won’t happen until 4 years from now at least.

And by norm, I mean something that you can’t disable in the games graphics.

It won’t be the norm until all the console and the widest range of PCs have a minimum requirements of RT capabilities, which won’t happen this generation for sure.

1 Like

The raytracing for Starfield probably won’t be for Xbox, probably just PC I’m guessing. But that’s absolutely fine with me.

1 Like

Was it even confirmed?

Only that it was listed on the page of one of the employees working on the game. But other than that, nah.

Nothing too shocking. I do hope they can improve performance on the Series S. Maybe make the NRS more aggressive on that system.

1 Like

It won’t be the norm until GPUs like the RTX4090 / Radeon 7900 XTX are the middle of class GPUs of future GPU generations ie RTX xx60 capable of at least 1440p high graphic settings with full raytracing available.

Yeah I didn’t get that either, what polish had to do with the game being cross-gen? AFAIK the concept of believing that game being cross-gen may be something negative has nothing to do with the overall polish and it’s more about the game being “held back” visually and design wise (this imaginary next gen sauce that no one knows what it is) by the old consoles.

Anyway cross-gen or not Ragnarok looks beautiful. SM is a very talented studio and dare I say a bit underrated among PS fans, I thought that GoW 2018 was Sony’s best western 1st party game on the PS4. Can’t wait to see what their next game will look like, both visually and gameplay wise.

1 Like

considering the scope of the game, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Xbox Series consoles can’t support raytracing.

Like, it’s not imaginary, it’s natural that new hardware can realize game concepts and scopes that old hardware can’t. That has always been the case with new generations and will be the case now. I’m not sure Starfield is a game they’re capable of putting on XB1 even if they tried. Or Flight Simulator for another.

The problem is, nobody can answer what these new nextgen game concepts are. Show me something. We are two years into nextgen, should there not at least be some demo, proof of concept? We get better framerate, cool. We get better and more expensive graphics, nice but i don’t really care that much. Also means game take longer to make and the next Fallout is 2030, so i there are even negative sides to this.

On the contrary i would say, all new game concepts of the last decade like MOBAs, crafting, battle royale are not hardware constrained but run on any toaster. Flight Sim has a worldwide data streaming and synchronized multiplayer and physics system. But that is server side :woman_shrugging:

1 Like