Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

You cant compare the APU and its shared ressources in Series X with a standalone 12 TF RDNA2 GPU.

So what are you saying exactly? That MS were misleading by saying BC games don’t take advantage of the architectural boosts in the new GPU? That BC games take full advantage of the architecture, including the IPC?

I honestly don’t understand why you’re so insisting on making an argument over nothing. Right now Gen9Aware games like Halo 2 Remake don’t run at a locked 60fps, but instead usually hovers around the 40s-50s. I find it hard to believe that if properly updated to a Gen9 game and coded for the Series X, it wouldn’t perform better, regardless of any resource issues we usually see in APUs. That is the type of performance deficit I’m talking about.

1 Like

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Xbox Beta Tested + Ground War PS5 Analysis

1 Like

I’m just saying switching your SDK to Xbox Series will not solve any severe framerate issues. So pointing to BC has nothing to do with it.

If you run your old code on a new hardware you get some improvements for free, others with a recompile and a prayer to the shader compiler and the remaining stuff with lots of work. Everything else is a oversimplification especially the 12 TF GCN part, as i said before.

Long story short? :slight_smile:

Both consoles are great to play on

Series is good until 60 fps mode

Not the indepth review we all are looking for

Maybe they are waiting for the finally release?

It has issues maintaining 60fps you mean? Personally I didn’t notice that in the beta.

Above 60;fps

Basically 120 fps mode isn’t that stable 120

1 Like

Oooh, ok.

I couldn’t find a 120fps option in the beta at all. But maybe because I didn’t have it enabled on Xbox itself. Maybe the setting doesn’t appear then.

Nothing I said contradicts this and it seems like you just want to argue over semantics, especially after I have explained specifically how the GCN description is an illustration of general performance and not meant to be taken literally. So I’m just going to walk away from this conversation.

Arc is great step from Intel

They have clear advantage in latest code and trounce AMD on RT front

They have Xess as well

Dx11 and below is definitely an issue but growth is always in new games and new gamers

Great offering from Intel here

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been listening to reviews while working and it seems like the biggest issue are their drivers. Certain large games like Fortnite apparently don’t work on the card, which could be a big deal if they don’t sort it out before launch. Hopefully they get the driver situation sorted sooner than later.

What’s really impressive is their RT performance. Their first gen efforts are doing a good job competing with Nvidia’s second gen RT hardware. I wish AMD made those kinds of advancements with their first gen efforts.

But isn’t drivers issue to be expected since this is Intel’s first foray into Discreet GPU market. I still remember ATI Radeon which later became AMD till a few years back used to have driver issues. So its not that big of a concern. In this day and age where things can be updated online rapidly I presume this problem can be easily rectified.

1 Like

Unlike the era of ATI, the consumer and media are much more sensitive to stuff like this.

1 Like

I mean their livelihoods are dependent on the youtube clicks and page views. What do you expect.

True, but what I meant is that now if they launch in bad state - the consumer and media will remember.

I think it’s a lot more of a concern to Intel when they are trying to break into an already established market. ATI/AMD’s history of driver issues is one of the reasons Nvidia has built such a stronghold on the GPU market and IMO it took too long for AMD to sort out their driver issues. The fact that it took them so long tells me it’s not that easy and that’s also been echoed by people at Intel. I’m sure they are working on the driver issues and it’s a major priority but it will surely hinder their chances of success as long as they exist.

I’m sorry but this is an overly cynical and ultimately distructive way to viewing things. Yes they need clicks and views but that doesn’t mean they don’t have integrity or can’t be legit. Gamers Nexus, Jay’s 2 Cents, DF, etc. criticize a piece of hardware, it doesn’t mean what they say isn’t legit.

1 Like

amazing, thanks to you both

regards

Yeah, it can be fixed with time, it will be interesting to see where the driver issue is 3-6 months from now. For instance, the driver issue for the recent spiderman game was pretty quick.

This card is literally hitting frame rate caped by developers on PC :exploding_head:

Have never seen this s happened before

Nvidia is best in class