Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

It is

PS5 can’t run these games at 120 FPS.

Oh wait…

3 Likes

I can’t say it enough how insane it is that it’s actually cheaper than a Switch.

Baffling.

2 Likes

Lmaooooo

Holy crap!

60 fps is PS5 exclusive :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

No! This cannot be real :joy::joy::joy:.

This would be peak SE and honestly pathetic, going out of their way to purposely make the Series X/S version worse for their own customers.

This has it’s own thread already

That is not a confirmation at all…

1 Like

Guilty Gear games have some of best rendition of anime in 3d I’ve seen in any media, ASW are pioneers in this shit, and this game looks phenomenal as well. Also, runs Native 4K on PS5, that’s gotta be clutch.

Skipping xbox cause heaven knows why.

Guilty Gear franchise and ASW has always been known for being rather bad when it comes to the West. It’s a multiprong issue. This article goes into it really well.

https://gamecrate.com/why-arc-system-works-games-struggle-west-and-why-clumsy-scrub-westerners-arent-blame/18483

In short -

ASW has been known for releasing the console versions later than the Arcade versions and arcade culture is pretty much nonexistent in the West now.

They’ve been heavily reliant on local multiplayer (again, due to being so Arcade first) which is all the rage in Japan, but not so much in the west where Online Multiplayer is more popular.

As a result, Guilty Gear hadn’t had Rollback netcode only until their latest upcoming game Strive. For context, Killer Instinct had it in 2013, that’s 8 years ago and it probably wasn’t even one of the first games to have it. This has hindered its growth in the west where online multiplayer is the default and where good netcode is very much necessary.

Next, ASW has said some pretty dumb things in the past. One of the producers at ASW cited that the majority of pro-fighting gamers that specialize in Arc System Works titles are Japanese, and he assumed that western audiences prefer to mash attack buttons rather than learn complex systems. This is a more cultural problem that probably still persists at ASW manifesting in their lack of support for the Western audiences.

Do read that article, it does a really good job detailing the above points.

1 Like

the funny thing is there have been Guilty Gear games on the Xbox in the 360 era, but Xbox One fucked up so bad for these above problems got some sort of justification to basically become Playstation default.

Outriders

Series X clearly have pixels advantage here.

But frame rates are annoying.

PS5 is much smoother.

Wonder why series X games show frame rate drops more often then PS5. Are tools to be blamed here?

Also, series S is infact a 1080p machine. 1440p is just a marketing target. And same goes for PS5 and series X. 4k is another Marketing target.

I didn’t notice much issues with framerate in the demo, only very brief parts where the framerate went below 60 slightly, actually it felt more like frame pacing issues. But meh game anyway, in my opinion.

Its a demo and the game like a full month away from release. These analysis be getting out of hand :skull:

3 Likes

So Series X has 30% more pixels than PS5 but dips into 56 FPS instead of just 58 or 59 like PS5 and the Series X version is worse? What? Lul

6 Likes

This shoulda been obvious given that the target market doesn’t have 1440p TV’s. IIRC one of the tools issues last fall was related to decompression of textures, so a game like this with high detail textures might well have a tools issue that eats up CPU time more than it will once tools are sorted. Might also be an older build too.

1 Like

just lower the res for x to match ps5 you won’t see much different between consoles until next gen really starts and same goes for xss you will see why this is a sub 1080p console and not 1440p console

Ha! So it’s texture streaming problem. Makes sense

This very much. Framerate should always be the priority. surely they could drop the advantage of resolution by 10-20% and hit 60 fps.

seems to be a consistent thing with framerate issues on series X from pushing a higher res. Hopefully Devs get to grips with this soon and we get a nice smooth 60 FPS.

I havea VRR TV so it’s not a problem for me, but I think devs should really lock in those framerates.

1 Like

The difference between 56 and 58 FPS in one second or two is literally not perceivable, gimme that higher resolution.

7 Likes