Game Pass Family Plan goes into insider testing in Colombia and Ireland

MAU is what most services go by I guess, so shouldn’t be a big deal

Very surprised it isnt 24.99€ in Europe. Thats a steal.

1 Like

Sharing is restricted to IP right?

For the country of the main account. I don’t think they’ve specified if that will be by ip or just what country has been set as home on the accounts

This is beyond crazy.

Illegal even :phil_lmao:

1 Like

FTC reporting worthy !

1 Like

It is anti-consumer because it is offering too good value to the consumer and Sony cannot compete :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

They will up the price to $90 :phil_unsure:

1 Like

With Family Plan and Series S, Game Pass will be released into the atmosphere ensuring complete global saturation :rocket: :phil_lmao:

2 Likes

Damn, that is a hell of a deal.

1 Like

Here are the prices with this new information, still assuming $25 a month: image

The subscriber count is going to shoot into the stratosphere with this, CoD day 1, streaming, All-Access… MS are not fucking around.

Edit: Going off the 0.6 conversion factor @BRiT mentioned earlier (numbers rounded, months are 30 days):

• Converting a full 3-year GPU subscription to GPUF will return 657 days/21 months/1.8 years
  • That leaves 438 days/14 months/1.2 years to make up before you hit the cap of 3 years (assuming that cap remains)

I did a bit more math regarding conversion rates. To hit the cap of 3 years of GPUF, it would take you

• 6 12-month codes of Gold ($295.14)
  • 6 6-month codes of Game Pass ($368.94)
  • 2 12-month codes of Game Pass Ultimate ($245.98)
  • 12 12-month codes of EA Play ($319.08)

Prices are from CDKeys. You might have to wait a week to redeem the last code you buy to account for some months not having 30 days. I do not accept responsibility for wonky math, since I haven’t had to do math in over a decade. :wink:

Edit 2: Just for fun, I decided to punch in values for Microsoft Rewards points as well. I can only speak for my experience in the US, sorry to all our international friends!

Doing 34 searches on a computer in Edge and 20 on a mobile device every day will get you 8100 points a month. That in itself will cover the cost of the subscription if you are sharing with more than one person.

Lots of words about Microsoft Rewards

I included a picture of today’s “daily set”, which basically boils down to “take a poll, look at this thing, here’s a quiz that’ll give you full points even if you get everything wrong”. There’s another type of quiz where correct responses actually matter, but it’s 10 questions each worth 5 points so you’re likely to get more than 10 points even if you guess wildly.

The best value is the $10 auto-redeem option. Just enable that and you will automatically trade 8750 points for $10 in expiring credit on the first of the month. The credit expires after three months, I think, but you’ll be using all or almost all of it to extend your subscription anyway. And hey, if you’re sharing your sub to the max, you’ll have $5.83 left over every month. That’s a nice little discount!

“But SpiderLink, it sounds like a hassle to do this every day!”
Sure, it takes a little bit of time but hey, you have to use the bathroom at some point, right? Here’s a little tip to knock out the computer searches:
Make a bookmark folder and open all the tabs!

“But SpiderLink, this seems like a lot of hassle for not very much money!”
Hey, you do you. It might change your mind if you hear about how much credit it can actually earn you though:

• As you can probably tell, I’m pretty intense about grabbing all the points I can. Looking at the last 5 months, it seems I averaged over 20,000 a month. That’s almost $25 a month and easily over $250 a year. That’s 3 Sony first-party games! My partner - who is not nearly as intense - averaged close to 16,000 a month or over $200 a year. They can use their own credit to gift me games, by the way.
  • I’m game sharing with a friend who very lazily does this and is close to $100. As you know, buying or receiving a game for my account makes it available for them as well, so we’re really making the most bang for our buck.
  • I’ve bought a Series S, a Series X, and a pair of $200 headphones with points alone and even with that…
  • I’m currently sitting on over $400 in credit and my partner is getting close to $200.

“But SpiderLink, is this even legal?”
I am a free man, and have checked with Microsoft Support to make sure that this is all above-board. I do not accept responsibility if you do this and get your Rewards account banned. And don’t try to be cute and set up a macro or use a program to automate your searches, or make an account for everyone you know and do the searches yourself, they’ll find out and ban you.

“But SpiderLink, I don’t live in the US/don’t have access to this veritable cornucopia!”
Sorry Mort, I really wish it were available for you. If it helps, you’re probably better off in terms of social support nets :smile:

“But SpiderLink, I’m convinced, how do I find out more?”
Send me a private message or go to the Microsoft Rewards subreddit. You’ll find a wealth of resources there including the answers to every quiz. There’s a thread on this very board as well!

8 Likes

Isnt this just a loop hole for existing users to pay less?

How many potential new people would join because of this plan?

A lot

1 Like

I can see a lot of people in low income countries to jump on this to be honest. Maybe you also get those people who are still on Gold to switch over with friends and pay for it with your friends as it isn’t much more expensive now if theirs 3-4 of you paying for it. Also, more people with access to games probably means more DLC sold as per MS’ statistics, so more money being spent overall.

Just got an idea: Xbox All-Access Family Plan. 4 Xbox Series S and Game Pass Ultimate Family Plan.

The retail cost for that would be $3600, so you had better make sure you trust your friends to each pay you $37.50 every month!

I imagine having all these extra people in their ecosystem would pay off like crazy. You turn on your Xbox and see that 2 of the 4 people on your plan are playing Sea of Thieves so you jump in and start playing with them. You have a great time you’ll post on social media about and maybe you’ll buy some pirate bucks or whatever the in-game currency is.

Maybe it’s Call of Duty and a shiny gold-plated gun or whatever those microtransactions are. It’s nuts.

1 Like

Exactly, with the amount of content you get on Game Pass, especially now with Ultimate you also get access to online gaming, it’s easy to start spending money left and right as in the back on your mind it’s so cheap that it feels like you are playing all this content for free, so you easily justify those extra expenses on the side. Game Pass is a huge money maker for Microsoft once you realize that, and the bigger the pool of subscribers, the more side revenues they get.

1 Like

I feel like they don’t need to kill Gold if u can get GPU for that cheap, lol.

Guess it would suck for folks that don’t have anyone to share with.

2 Likes