Game Pass Family Plan goes into insider testing in Colombia and Ireland

Holy Shit .

I think xbox series s will fly off the shelves and it will be difficult to get even worse then XSX .

Imagine in the future this with xbox series s (Call Of Duty) bundle that cost only199 $ , This price will encourage families to have multiple xbox consoles at home , Even low-income countries can benefit from this value, and this may make Xbox more popular there

This crazy value will increase the number of subscribers and may make Xbox the best selling consoles of this generation more than others .

3 Likes

Some rough math building off of this:

Reasoning

As far as I know and in USD, the most cost-effective legit way to get GPU (as in no VPNs and region switching) is by buying 3x$50 Gold and converting that for $1/$15, which works out to about $50-55 for a year of GPU. (let’s say $4.25 a month)

Converting the full 36 months of GPU to this tier would give you 648 days of GPUF, or 1.8 years (1 year and ten-ish months, let’s call it 22 months)

Paying retail prices at an assumed $25 a month for that length of time would cost you $550. 137 a person if it’s split 4 ways or 110 if it’s split 5 ways (a little unclear on if the primary account counts against the 4 accounts they mention). If it’s the former, that works out to about twice as much as the best legit deal you can get on 2 years of GPU in the US, but four more people can benefit from the GPU catalog and Xcloud and all the extra stuff. I’m not sure how game sharing with home console settings would work in this scenario, but that has the potential to make it even more ridiculous:

• 2 year of GPU at the above price, shared between two consoles works out to ~$50 per console.
  • 22 months of GPUF at retail price, shared between 6 consoles (one primary with a shared account, four others who can’t share): ~$92 per console
  • 22 months of GPUF at retail price, shared between 10 consoles (5 accounts sharing): $55 per console

There’s a lot of ifs there, and it’s likely I messed up some math on the way but it looks to me like best case scenario, you can get 24 months of GPU (taking advantage of conversion) for slightly less than 22 months of retail GPUF would cost you if you can stretch it that hard.

Takeaway

Assuming $50 for a year of GPU is the cheapest you can get it, you would need to share a GPUF subscription with 6 people to hit that same price per month. You would theoretically need to be able to share with 12 people to hit the same price per month of GPU+game sharing.

Even with the “worst-case” scenario of no game sharing allowed and 1 primary + 3 users, it would still work out to $6.25 a month.

For a little extra fun

Sony might have a point

2 Likes

This guy maths

Yep, CoD (alongside the absurd number of projects in dev) + series s + family plan + xcloud everywhere

They are setting themselves up to hit the casual and quite frankly all audiences HARD

1 Like

It is anti-competitive and lowers games quality /s

4 Likes

I wonder if there will be any drawbacks to not being the host? Or is this gunna be a ‘get everyone you know involved for max value’ kinda deal.

do they all need to be in the same house. 25 bucks by 4 friends is a good deal. I just need to gt 4 friends :frowning:

1 Like

The people you share your membership with do not have to be Insiders but must reside in the same country as you.

To me, that reads like it doesn’t need to be in the same household. It might be optimistic but I’m expecting it to become much easier to introduce friends and family into the Xbox ecosystem once things really kick off (CoD on GP, Xcloud on TVs, first-party studios start pumping out good games frequently, etc)

2 Likes

Seems like Nintendo who allows several people within a single country. The question is that how they check the country considering that Xbox does not have region lock.

1 Like

So you can share to up to 4 other people and it’s roughly $25 a month US?

That's insane!

6 Likes
4 Likes

Game Pass metrics bought to switch to Users not subscribers lol

1 Like

Surely now it’s time for President Biden to step in?

5 Likes

What is the origin of this meme?

This is an incredible deal

9 Likes

Phil wasn’t lying when he said he wanted Starfield to be the most played game ever from Bethesda! With this deal 5 console owners already have access to Starfield already. My goodness! I love Xbox!! No wonder Sony doesn’t like gamepass

3 Likes

Massive news casually dropped like that :v

Player engagement, DLC sales, gamepass subscriptions and possiby xbox consoles will skyrocket in the future. If you add ABK to the equation
 :hot_face:

1 Like

Oh God this will 100% happen and you know who will use that as an argument against the service :roll_eyes:

$25 for 5 people is insane :open_mouth:

3 Likes