List of FPS Boost Games

This sounds absolutely bonkers on FO4 when the mod allows it to run at a flawlessly 60fps without the resolution and graphical downgrades :confused:

1 Like

Nice look at all the new boosted titles:

Some interesting conclusions, Skyrim actually performs better at the lower resolution on the Series S.

It does need a couple of other mods to get the smooth 60fps. They alter the vegetation density and reduce the sun rays, amongst other things. But yes I agree. On my modded version not only am I getting a smooth 60fps @ 4k. But also I have far better textures, distant LOD’s and improved character models. Series X can definitely take it further with better visuals and without the resolution reduction.

3 Likes

I dont think people understand that FPS boost isnt a change to the game’s code in any level.

Its a neat feature that may have some cons in some games as we see. So far 10 games and only 2 have resolution lowered so not bad.

2 Likes

Skyrim on Series X looks to be one of those games where VRR will clear up the vast majority of the frame rate dips. I think I will save another playthrough as to when I get a new TV.

1 Like

1080 60 is a bug on FO4 and FO76

But performance is 50-60 when it runs at 4k

Same thoughts as moi. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone. I hope you are well?

Just for clarity so everyone knows the score. Sadly the BC team are only able to use existing versions for FPS Boost so to get a locked 60fps in F4 and 76 they had to use the Xbox One S version which is also the version that Series X uses. Hopefully Bethesda can go in with a patch and maybe give the Xbox One X version a 1440p option or something.

6 Likes

Might as well just make it Gen9Aware at that point and not use FPS boost.

You know what game needs fps boost?

DARK SOULS FUCKING 3

3 Likes

Yes

From the Xbox One gen these are games I would really like to see fps boosted

• Dishonored 2
  • Evil Within
  • Evil Within 2
  • Dark Souls 3
  • XCOM 2
  • Batman arkham knight
  • Bards Tale IV
  • Wasteland 3 (this game is newand could get a Series X patch instead)
  • Snowrunner (this game is new and could get a Series X patch instead)

I would like this feature for lots of X360 games also, though it is not clear if that is even possible:

• Banjo Nuts and bolts
  • Sonic Generations
  • Lost Planet games
  • Fable games

to name a few

30fps isn’t the worst for me but for Souls games it’s just awful.

1 Like

30fps is fine if it runs locked for these games but my issue is thr game got patched for ps4 pro. Runs flawlessly at 60 for ps5 because of that. On series x? 900p with 30fps.

Tekken 7 is similar. Although it’s 60fps of course thr game has a resolution of 720p. Even on series x. It looks blurry as hell

Thankfully it seems like Tekken 7 might be getting a Series S/X update:

The problem with this is that there is no one size fits all, so Ms should just give as much options and let the users chose how they want to experience each game.

Something like:

• FPS boost
  1. Keep original
  2. Force Vsync
  3. Force XX fps (60, 90, 120, and in the future even higher)
  • Resolution Multiplier
  1. Keep original
  2. Force to XX (1440p, 4k, in the future 6k and 8k)
  3. Force to XX using ML reconstruction (1440p, 4k, in the future 6k and 8k)
  • Version
  1. Use original Profile
  2. Force Xbone Profile
  3. Force X Profile

For example, in fallout 4 I would totally go with 4k 50-60fps because with VRR it would impossible to even notice the fps drop. But dropping resolution and assets to Xbone level is really bad

Only a fraction of people have a tv with VRR yet…

Fps boost can only use existence versions of a game. Means 60/4k with xbox one x settings or 60/1080 with one s settings nothing inbetween. This is the limit the technology has.

There’s no ps5 on there. So they’re probably confusing Backward compatibility for xbox. Well see. I don’t trust Namco with this.

Sadly, it means nothing as Ace Combat 7 also have Xbox Series X|S mentionned in its latest trailer…

I’ve been fooled too…

There is still a chance though…

With Jeans’ post below, I’m inclined to agree and that sucks. Makes no sense since the game is BC on the PS5 as well, so why not include that system too.

Well damn. I appreciate you two making me aware. Now back to being disappointed…

Didn’t Todd Howard accidentally leak that an auto-upscale solution is coming. (around the 18m mark in the roundtable, and then he stops himself.)

Keep your eyes open to an FPSboost like solution, but for resolution: Possibly dlss?