Forza Horizon 5 may head to Mexico according to new rumors- Windows Central

beach area will be a lock, now what about the rest ? should we expect forest ?

I would like to see some mountains. Maybe also deserts, cities, and rainforests. Would be a lot of variation.

1 Like

It makes sense when you look at how past locations have all been in countries where Xbox does really well. UK, AUS, US etc. Mexico is huge on Xbox and FH 5 would be major there

1 Like

I might be in the minority, but I rather see Mexico before Japan. I think it is wiser to release Japan/Asia later when more people have current gen consoles

2 Likes

And the most important thing: Mexicans are very cultured and civilized people and drive on the right side of the road.

I never would have guessed Mexico, but I think it will be a great setting.

As others have mentioned, Mexico is also a market where Xbox has historically done really well-- thereā€™s a reason they chose it for the revival of X0.

If the rumor is true, I expect this will be received really well by the Xbox community.

I know some people looked forward to Japan, but this really does seem better. Not only from a vistas point of view, but Mexico has a huge Xbox fanbase. I personally think this might be far more engaging as a location, but I might be wrong.

I really want to like the horizon series. It just is too much of a mishmash for me. It is like MSR/PGR but open world. There is some Rallysport challenge in there and I canā€™t get over all the cutscenes to me they take so long.

I do like the parts were you race a jet or other special stuff. That feel arcade to me, it makes me miss an balls to the wall over the top game like that. I would love to see a arcade game with those graphics, smaller budget of course. Oh and with split screen. I love couch multiplayer.

Oh well still really looking forward to it though. :blush:

1 Like

I massively dislike the menus in FH4, just all over the place.

Mexico, Japan, wherever. I dont mind. Games are great.

[edit] errrā€¦ dont know why im replying to you there @Sikamikanico :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, they arenā€™t intuitive, thatā€™s a part they should really improve.

2 Likes

What I like about this news is that itā€™s a place I didnā€™t consider and is a genuine surprise. I thought the previous rumour was Brazil so I was expecting that.

Itā€™s also exciting considering the driving possibilities and how itā€™s not similar to previous locations. Those pics of Mexico are fantastic.

If I were to put money on it I expect it to be cross-gen, mostly so that it is compatible with most PCs. Iā€™d love to be wrong, though.

I expect it to be crossgen because FH4 keeps selling gangbusters and FH5 canā€™t sell less than what FH4 keeps doing because of coming to current-gen only. The difference between something like a Forza Horizon and Starfield is the latter was gonna be significantly more popular on PC anyway whereas Forza imo is a still a console pillar.

Also, Turn10 is revamping the engine and FM8 shall be the one to release first on the revamped engine, FH5 shall still be running off of a fork of Ftech thatā€™s perhaps not yet had all the bells and whistles integrated to it like FM8 shall have.

3 Likes

These pictures are nice. You got me excited for mexico

On an off topic but somehow related:

Is it weird that Taco Bell is my favourite Fast Food? It doesnā€™t seen too popular but I love it and also mane Beef Fajitas myself almost every week.(UK)

Viva La Raza !!!

Iā€™d say this is an insult to Mexico. :smiley:

I feel like I should have been born 70ā„… black 20ā„… Mexican 10ā„… nord

Maybe a dumb question but is adding motorcycles a possibility for a Forza Horzion game?

I imagine it would be introduced in the Motorsport series first, if it were to appear. Itā€™s such a big undertaking that I donā€™t see it happening, but it would represent a logical evolution of the series.

Another Mexico reference in MS rewards. Of course just a coincidence.

1 Like