Originally published at: First-person Metroidvania 'Testament: The Order of High Human' Announced, Coming to Xbox - XboxEra
Developer Fairyship Games has revealed their upcoming first-person Metroidvania ‘Testament: The Order of High Human’, coming to unspecified Xbox consoles. Players will take on the role of Aran, the King of High Humans in the land of Tessara, as he reclaims the powers he lost through betrayal and restore his land to its former glory. Bows, magics, and Aran’s sword can be upgraded as you traverse the world and each offer their own fighting styles. And of course, the player will experience a rich, narrative-driven experience as they clamber about the land of Tessara.
Studio co-founder Moe Naderi best describes the game as “it’s a big melting pot of the best elements from some of the biggest adventure games from the last decade,” and that “if you take God of War from 2018, throw in some Elder Scrolls, and a slice of two of Dark Souls for good measure, all played out in first-person, and you’ve got the world of Testament in a nutshell.”
Check out the reveal trailer, screenshots, and press release below for more information on Testament. No release date or window has been announced at this time. Fairyship Games also has another game launching later this month titled Shame Legacy, a first-person survival-horror coming on the 30th of May for Xbox consoles.
Sword and Sorcery: Say hello to ‘Testament: The Order of High Human’, your next first-person Metroidvania action-adventure
Serve as guardian of the realm in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world!
“Wake up guardian, wake up last savior. All the high humans have fallen. You are the last hope of this land. Bring order and wipe out chaos and darkness. The unspeakable has occurred, the unholy marriage of a High-human and darkness seed.”
New York, United States, Tuesday 23rd May, 2023: Fairyship Games, a US-based developer with a focus on narrative-based games, is excited to announce Testament: The Order of High Human, the studio’s forthcoming action-adventure RPG set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world.
In development for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation, Testament: The Order of High Humanis an original first-person, story-based adventure with strong RPG and Metroidvania elements. Players will find themselves taking on the role of Aran – the king of High humans in the land of Tessara – as he serves as guardian of the realm. Aran has been betrayed by his brother, Arva, and robbed of his powers as the world around him is plunged into darkness and overrun by monsters.
Players will be tasked with regaining his powers and confronting Arva to restore Tessara to its former glory, upgrading his sword, bow, and magic abilities as they go to develop their own unique fighting style.
In short, Testament: The Order of High Human is a tale of a fallen king’s journey to save his realm from darkness and destruction, which – as co-creator and studio co-founder Moe Naderi explains – pays homage to leagues of different games and genres.
“The best way to describe Testament: The Order of High Human is to say it’s a big melting pot of the best elements from some of the biggest adventure games from the last decade,” offers Naderi. “if you take God of War from 2018, throw in some Elder Scrolls, and a slice of two of Dark Souls for good measure, all played out in first-person, and you’ve got the world of Testament in a nutshell.”
In Testament: The Order of High Human you will:
- Experience an immersive combat style based around three different approaches, each one designed to offer their own unique traits that allows the player to rely on it to get through the majority of play.
- Master sword game-play with a variation of destructive and elemental combos.
- Take charge of 15 magic abilities including single-target spells, traps, Area of Effect (AoE attacks), Damage per Second (DPS), and defensive spells.
- Utilize a magical bow with four different types of arrows such as normal arrow, ricochet arrow, explosive arrow, and passthrough arrow.
- Take advantage of a grand XP and upgrade system that motivates players to fully explore every land and dungeon.
- Experience unique gameplay areas with exciting platforming that reminds of the nostalgic excitement from retro 2D platformers.
- Take charge of a brand new ‘Eclipse System’ based on gameplay entities called eyes of darkness and it consists of 3 different gameplay mechanics that can work separately or together to deliver exciting encounters and challenges.
- Use more than 18 consumables at the player’s disposal. These craftable items can effect the player’s health and mana or create enhancements on the players belongings and surroundings. Using them together can deliver advantages to help players shape their own playing style.
- Take on more than 40 main and side-quests, carefully crafted and relevant to the games consistent storytelling.
- Experience strong and engaging storytelling with a nonlinear narrative style.
Testament: The Order of High Human has been in development for the past four and a half years by small team of 30 people with a passion for storytelling. The game’s launch dates for PC and console are yet to be announced.
Testament: The Order of High Human Press Release