Far Cry 6 OT (Review | Far Cry 6)

Except jt doesn’t. Uk is the biggest market in Europe and UK has similar trends to US. Just go back and look at the ac games and watch dogs.

It’s ok though we can wait until next month to see far cry 6 doing just as badly in the US. So I’ll bump this post when NPD comes out

I’ll be honest, I really don’t care how games sell. i enjoyed it, that’s what mattered to me.

2 Likes

Well I care about other franchises ubisoft are neglecting to pump out above average rehashes every year.

So yeah I’m glad it’s not performing as well. Same goes for watch dogs legions. Kind of want AC to flop so they’ll either go back to older AC style or a new Prince of Persia. Ubisoft have enormous teams full of talent. And they’re just churning out the same games or the same type of games. Immortals while not great was more original if a poor botw knock off. But games like breakpoint and watch dogs are completely unnecessary franchises and games thst sort of need to stop being made.

They are making a new Splinter cell. But will it be open world with bunch of icons everywhere? Well see.

That’s nice, this is the Far Cry 6 OT and you’re talking to a guy who reviewed and loved the game. I’m not sure why you feel the need to come into a specific game’s OT and dance around telling people how much you dislike it and hope it does poorly.

I just stated the games Sales. You can love the game all you want. But lower sales means people are losing interest in these games.

Far Cry 5 had the level creator. That was pretty exciting at the time. I think making middle America a war zone was also a different direction for the series. With Far Cry 6 it’s a return to basics and an attempt of a smaller less ambitious game. I feel like this happens sometimes in video games when you have such an over the top “game to end all games” entry like Far Cry 5 then the only thing left to do with the sequel is to scale back. Just imagine the obstacle the next Smash Brothers will face. Sure every fighter ever is great and all but where does that leave the inevitable sequel?

This literally happened with AC Unity and then Syndicate lol.

1 Like

Good one!

Hey it just occurred to me that Halo Infinite is in the “game to end all games” phase. The next Halo will by necessity then be a smaller less ambitious and back to basics game.

https://twitter.com/GamesBeat/status/1453775354976477191

:reggie: :reggie: :reggie:

3 Likes

He meant the other Ubisoft games. You wouldn’t know them, they go to a different school.

1 Like

Ubi literally that publisher social media and forums dunk on but casuals love because it gives bang for buck irrelevant of how lol.

1 Like

I mean the next Smash Bros could focus on being a better fighting game and less of a celebration package with 2000 characters with 70% useless ones.

I respect Ultimate for being a Nintendo celebration game. As a fighter. Its above average at best. It can have a 100 characters, I’ll still only use the same 4 I’ve been using since Melee because the rest feel like junk.

What a weird game. I was playing through it and about an hour and a half into it I get to the point where you get given a boat to go to Miami in. I thought to myself that I would get in the boat and it should be an interesting story arch where I get attacked by a patrol boat or something. Well, big nope. I drive off and next thing I’m on a beach listening to the radio and am informed that the rebels have been crushed and killed, game over. Roll credits. I guess I will take it as I can’t be stuffed starting the game from scratch again.

if you continue the game it goes back to before you’re on the boat. It’s like in 4 if you waited 15 minutes for Pagan Ming to come back at the start, just a surprise ending.

2 Likes

I will give it a shot.