Fallout New Vegas 2 is in "very early talks", according to Jeff Grubb and VGC

Yeah, Ill take all the fallout I can handle.

1 Like

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand what this is based on :giphy: Iā€™m also almost sure Obsidian already have some pitch and idea what theyā€™d want to do with a Fallout game. If letā€™s say they pitch and greenlight by end of year, it can make 2025/26

So at best this will come out after TOW 2 (if greenlit, obviously). Of course this also assumes that Obsidian currently have no idea what game they would ship after TOW 2. Avowed 2?. Lolzā€¦

So Avowed 2023, TOW2 2025, and NV2ā€¦ 2027?..

Look how many likes this tweet got. People are thirsty for a New Vegas sequel

4 Likes

Obsidian working on the best Fallout sequel while Bethesda handles Starfield and TESVI is like a dream come true.

Somebody pinch me.

4 Likes

So the dream scenario when the acquisitions were announced might actually be coming true

im listening

Can Obsidian get any more based?

1 Like

2 Likes

So much for the narrative that Microsoft couldnā€™t push for the IP to be given to other studiosā€¦ or that they would be prepared to leave at it on ice.

A fallout by Obsidian is very exciting potential news

5 Likes

This tells me that internally Awoved is in good stateā€¦ And Obsidian have enough head room to think about mores games

2 Likes

Well if they are in early talks I guess we can assume Bethesda is willing to let Obsidian make a side game, and Obsidian is interested in doing it. So thereā€™s that. Obsidian does have a lot of projects in the works though, I imagine the biggest thing right now is just gonna be scheduling. Weā€™ll might well be waiting until after Avowed or Outer Worlds 2 is released before they are able to dedicate resources to a new Fallout.

Josh Sawyer has said on stream that heā€™d be down for New Vegas 2 if the game was developed on his termsā€¦ and we know his smaller project is set to release soon.

Damn . If true , its still atleast 7 years away .

732842A0-D0A9-4BF2-BD15-43F9958E959F-1

Credit to @Camonna_Tong

3 Likes

Not reallyā€¦ Avowed could be released by next yearā€¦ and that team moves directly unto fallout.

But weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

If Avowed is released in 2023 we might see it year later after TES6. Like for example in 2026, TES6 - 2025. Though Starfield and Avowed might be released relatively close to each other.

Though I am curious what engine they are gonna use? Creation Engine 2 seems like no brainer to get that BGS look and feel.

Best news :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Please please be true!!!

1 Like