Elden Ring releases on January 21, 2022 for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S and PC

Knowing FROM, Iā€™m not expecting the Series X|S version to be ready at launch :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Not a damn chanceā€¦

Iā€™m in the same camp, as I will probably buy the game, play two hours and never played it again, but keep it installed just in case, like every From Software games ! :tired_face:

1 Like

Yep same here. I like the combat and setting of souls games but HATE all the other stupid mechanics of souls games that just make it a pain in the ass to play.

1 Like

It will probably have frame pacing issue as well

3 Likes

This is weirdā€¦

The PlayStation YouTube channel posted Elden Ring trailer 50 minutes ago while the Xbox YouTube channel doesnā€™t have it at all. Iā€™m guessing Microsoft never had a marketing deal or itā€™s been voided because whenever Microsoft/Sony has a publishing deal, the trailers always go on their channel first and sometimes, the other channel wonā€™t post the same trailer until the next day.

Donā€™t do it! That is how Iā€™ve been with Rockstar games, but change that to 12 hours, Iā€™ve made a solemn vow to never do it again.

Tbh technically this looks like a last gen game. Especially the lighting is very unimpressive? Hmm will probably still be goty contender 2022 but Iā€™m a little bit disappointed.

OK, thatā€™s a little odd yeah. I believe Xbox had that first trailer up there real quick back then.

Watch Sony having snagged the marketing after all, and that could maybe mean some timed exclusive dlc shenanigans.

Yeah, itā€™s definitely weird. Itā€™s finally posted now though.

Iā€™ll try. But maybe thatā€™s the one I will really get intoā€¦idk. And this trailer isnā€™t helping. I mean, thereā€™s a horse with horns that can double-jumpā€¦ :pleading_face:

I disagree with all of you. Having an easier mode sort of just puts Miyazaki games just like any other.

Its great because you have to get good. Not just lower the difficulty. Sekiro would have been a mediocre game if it had an easy mode.

3 Likes

Day 1. I love everything FROM does.

Possible reason it wasnā€™t at Xbox E3

Seems From wanted it to be a show ender, or Geoff offered the show ender slot and they took it, I guess.

2 Likes

Makes you wonder what Microsofts show ender could be.

1 Like

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

2 Likes

Just a quick reminder that the game is in development since 2017 :joy:

Ofc itā€™s not going to look next-gen. That doesnā€™t mean that itā€™s not looking impressive though.

For me, itā€™s probably the best-looking FROM game.

Demons Souls Remake is a Bluepoint game, just to clarify things :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Game looks amazing! The art direction is totally bonkers (both level and enemy wise), colors are much more vibrant than the dull looking DS3 and the lighting is definitely an improvement as well and more in line with Sekiro than DS3. Also canā€™t wait to learn more about the multiplayer/PvP/invasion system of the game (hopefully it will be more like DS2 than DS3 in that aspect).

It blows my mind that after those 3 mins of high/dark fantasy visual orgasm all you had to say is this. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was watching the trailer during the showcase and thought to myself, ā€œok, but itā€™s probably still ages away from releasingā€, then the date popped up. Now Iā€™m excited.

And of course like I said before, From has not been ā€œAAAā€ for very long. Dark Souls 3 is maybe where Iā€™d consider them being bigger budgeted than before. Itā€™s easy to forget that it wasnā€™t too long ago that From was mostly coasting on quirky bargain-bin titles.

2 Likes