EA has been hacked; Source code for FIFA 21 & Frostbite Game Engine stolen

Hackers have broken into gaming giant Electronic Arts, the publisher of Battlefield, FIFA, and The Sims, and stole a wealth of game source code and related internal tools, Motherboard has learned.

“You have full capability of exploiting on all EA services,” the hackers claimed in various posts on underground hacking forums viewed by Motherboard. A source with access to the forums, some of which are locked from public view, provided Motherboard with screenshots of the messages.

In those forum posts the hackers said they have taken the source code for FIFA 21 , as well as code for its matchmaking server. The hackers also said they have obtained source code and tools for the Frostbite engine, which powers a number of EA games including Battlefield. Other stolen information includes proprietary EA frameworks and software development kits (SDKs), bundles of code that can make game development more streamlined. In all, the hackers say they have 780gb of data, and are advertising it for sale in various underground hacking forum posts viewed by Motherboard.

Hackers going after everything these days, from pipelines to video game companies. Everyone seriously needs to update their device/network security and stop using ‘password’ as their passwords.

Already on major news sites like BBC:

6 Likes

Fsking tragic.

1 Like

There should be a more severe way to punish hackers and leakers. Honestly, it becomes annoying that all those people are the kings of the Internet and do whatever they want here. The only kind of hacker I like are the white hat hackers who help detect weak spots in websites and services security and therefore make their safety systems more reliable. People like guys form Guided Hacking help make the Internet a safer space for everyone, and that’s the right thing to do. But all illegal hackers should be persecuted by the law and punished.

1 Like

Sheesh, first GTA VI, Although I don’t think the hacker managed to get the source for for RAGE, did he?

Incoming: Conspiracy YouTube videos that FIFA paid hackers to get the FIFA code so they can make their own game.

I thought “again?” before noticing someone just replied to a 18 month old thread.

5 Likes

Oops I didn’t realise :joy: - why are people bringing back a nearly 2 year old thread?

Bot code broken? :thinking:

1 Like