EA gained ~6.5 million members to EA Play after being added to Gamepass Ultimate

So EA said that they now have ~13 million subscribers to EA Play since joining Gamepass Ultimate. With Microsoft saying they had 18 million gamepass subscribers, one question was how many of those are Ultimate compared to individual. With EA stating that they doubled their subscribers number to EA Play, I think we can now slowly start to get some numbers.

Between 6.5-13 million subscribers to gamepass Ultimate. And I get those numbers by looking at the extremes:

Because everyone with gamepass Ultimate also now has EA Play, EA Play’s 13 million subscribers put a cap on the possible number of Ulitmate members. And on the other extreme, if we assume that noone with Ultimate had EA Play until it was added then we get a minimum of 6.5 million.

Now obviously this doesn’t really help narrow many things down, it gives us something: ~5 million gamepass subscribers - ~6.5 million Ultimate subscribers - ~6.5 million mix subscriber base.

3 Likes

Hope this comes to Ultimate Gamepass for PC soon

1 Like

I ya thats right that hadn’t been added yet.

This has to be an automatic advertisement for Gamepass. Very cool stat.

2 Likes

I’ve dipped into the EA catalogue because of it. Really happy it’s been added.

So far, with my friends I’ve now downloaded and played:

• Battlefield V (I already owned it; friends didn’t)
  • Battlefront 2
  • NHL 20
  • NHL 21 (Trial)
  • A Way Out

I plan to use Fifa 21’s trial once my NHL 21 is expired.

5 Likes

I went back and completed the original mass effect and I’m working through the dead space series.

Glad to see that all the evidence points to Games Pass being a smashing success on just about all fronts. At this point anyone saying herp derp free games bad for industry is just a fanboy hoping this will all fail.

1 Like

and this isn’t on gamepass pc yet, when it arrives, EA Play will in fact cross Game pass numbers, cuz it’s already at 13 mill, add 5-6 from gamepass pc and they’re gonna be making bank left and right (it has to be more because pc is a larger userbase and XGPPC is cheaper compared to ultimate too).

2 Likes

Am I right in thinking that EA Play on Game Pass is only for a limited amount of time?

1 Like

There is obviously a contract in place between MS and EA, so yes you are correct, although I suspect the agreement is for a good number of years and can of course always be renewed.

1 Like

I’m sure I’d read somewhere that it was only for a year but that may have been bad information.

1 Like

Nothing has been said about the duration.

1 Like

Definitely a win-win for both EA & Microsoft.

3 Likes

That’s 1/3 of the subscribers of Gamepass figure. Actual figured can be more or less.

Although, Jedi fallen order also entered the ea play basic around same time.

What’s positive is that trend is towards the acceptance of subscription services.

Ps+ also gained around 10 million sub in a year.

1 Like

O ya so this specifically is talking about gamepass Ultimate from Console accounts

Yes but PS+ is the Xbox live Golf equivalent not Gamepass. That would be PS Now which gained 1 million in this last year.

I wasn’t discussing equivalence.

I am excited for the growing trend towards the subscription.

1 Like

Great addition to GP U, already finished Jedi Fallen Order, almost done with A Way Out, played some Madden and NHL 20, bit of NHL 21.

3 Likes

Absolutely! It actually highlights Gamepass even more. Pretty sure this would have the attention of Ubisoft, now for UPlay.

3 Likes

Definitely, wouldn’t surprise me to get some sort of partnership with Ubisoft at some point, maybe as soon as Fall 2021. Either a perk with free month(s) or maybe a free access to the Ubi “vault” (older games) and an add-on to get games day 1 ($5-$10/month?). Similar to EA Play, and that’s huge value for me, I don’t really care about playing EA or Ubi games day one.

I have a feeling Xbox is planning some big stuff for this Fall and 2022+.

2 Likes