Dune (2021) |OT|

yess.

So then 600 rupee is 8 dollars american?

If so thatā€™s a damn good price for a movie ticket over here

1 Like

yeaah in context to the prices I see in America and the like, itā€™s dirt cheap lol. But tickets usually cost around 200-250 here (so thats like 3-4 dollas) so in that context, itā€™s currently more than double of that. There are more expensive tickets too, but itā€™s not worth it ultimately.

Oh damn. You guys got it good

1 Like

Lol I mean for you guys coming here, itā€™ll be robbery every day, but usually thatā€™s moderately expensive for us here. :sweat_smile: and the rupee valuation is getting worse everyday. :frowning:

exactly what happens in those " CHEAPEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD " youtube videos .

1 Like

jesus christ pls no lmao

1 Like

flashbacks about douchebag racist assholes coming to cheaper non-white countries and exploiting women and making videos about it on youtube

1 Like

My thoughts on Dune, after having seen it a few days ago and having time to let it sink in is, itā€™s a goddamn masterpiece

I know itā€™s a ridiculously daunting and ponderous piece of source material to try and convert in to film, but hey all it took is probably the best filmaker in the world currently and presto. Also a lot of great performances as well. Particularly from Oscar Isaac and Chalamet. And the visual effects are and cinematohraphy is incredible. One very encouraging thing coming from this is that DP for this film is also doing The Batman. So that film should be incredible too look at as well\

Really thrilled they hopped too immediately and announced part 2 is a go

3 Likes

Per capita is also ā€˜goodā€™ - 2500 USD

LOL

1 Like

yall are making it worse for me. :sob:

Or better, when you finally see it

My bad, I shoulda used ā€œharderā€ lol. I meant to say seeing so many people praising it is only making it harder for me cuz I still havenā€™t been able to.

Have you found a 2D Imax yet?

lol no, at least not in the entirety of Bengaluru. Thereā€™s only standard screens, Onyx LED and other stuff whose names I canā€™t be bothered to look up. Given up on IMAX now, will watch it in standard 2D at a good theater with good sound, thatā€™ll be enough. :sleepy:

And that is not OK because you are doing cmyk checks on the colour? :wink:

looool damn, just that I want to experience it in a grand way with impeccable audio and visuals, please :sob:

IMAX is great, but 3D just washes out everything (at least all the ones Iā€™ve experienced till now including IMAX 3D on some movie in the past), plus I wear spectacles with enough myopia already, so itā€™s just extra awkwardness.

1 Like