Dolby Vision Gaming Now Available on Xbox Series XIS - Xbox Wire

It will never be, HDR10+ is a standard not much used even in movies&tv series. It’s HDR10 or Dolby Vision.

Unless you have a C1 or G1 where its already supported. Plus DV and freesync (together).

2 Likes

Only if you have a CX, if you have a C1 it can do 120 no problem. I hope that CX firmware update comes outta beta soon.

2 Likes

LG promised mid September months ago and here I am still waiting.

Hopefully it drops before Infinite releases.

Do we know if Halo actually is made with DV in mind? Instead of only supported?

I believe its made with it natively.

Would be fucking awesome!

Anyone here have the TCL P605/P607 TV? Before this update, games would load in with standard HDR10 while video apps like Vudu would use Dolby Vision. However now after this last update, everything appears to be loading in Dolby Vision, or at least that’s what my TV thinks is happening. Was wondering if this was happening for anyone else?

1 Like

Salute fellow Dreamcast fan. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I like what you’ve done there with your voltron Series X-S stack.

Yeah with the update yesterday Dolby Vision will be the default HDR for the console in most cases.

Yep. I heard that DV overrules HDR10.

So according to the official dolby page these are games available in Atmos and DV on X|S

• F1 2021
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Flight Sim
  • Ori 2
  • Gears 5
  • Borderlands 3
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Division 2

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/promotions/dolby-vision-atmos-enhanced

Official Xbox Page lists these

• GOTG
  • Dirt 5
  • CoD Cold War
  • Metro Exodus

Hello fellow Dreamcast fan! I still love and play the system to this day :sweat_smile:

I’m lucky I can stack the Series S and One S on top of the Series X and One X. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have the shelf space for all these systems lol.

Thanks you two. I was under the impression that DV would only show up for the games that support it but you’re saying it’s normal for it to show up for all games now? MCC isn’t on the list of supported titles, so I was surprised when the DV symbol appeared. Tried it on a handful of other non-supported games and same thing.

1 Like

Yep, it has been doing it for any game I have started up. As for list of supported games, where can I find that?

Scroll up 2 posts brother lol

1 Like

Just watched this and thought some here would find this interesting.

1 Like

Thanks for this. So DV is slightly better (for people that took the time to calibrate the TVs) as it keeps a little more detail in more extreme areas, and that holds true regardless if the game supports DV natively or through the system conversion.

But the real advantage is that (due the metadata perhaps?) Dolby vision already reaches an almost optimal image without any calibration/configuration where HDR10 can look real bad until you set it up properly

I have a C9 but can’t see the Dolby Vision tag in the corner when I load up Psychonauts 2? Does being on the insider ring affect it at all?

Make sure dolby vision gaming is activated in settings and that your HZ output is 60 and not 120hz.