Do you think Starfield, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, and all other Bethesda IP will be Xbox/PC exclusive? Why or why not?

Why though ? Since they were acquired by Microsoft they no longer have to worry about sales in that way.

I only see 3 ways games end up on a Sony platform

1. Existing obligations or running MMO’s will continue to be on PlayStation until contracts end. MMO’s are tricky so I would think ESO and FO76 stay on PlayStation

2. Sony allows a Game Pass app and sub on PlayStation. No way this will happen but Microsoft have repeatedly said they are not in a console arms race and want game pass on everything

3. Xbox market share doesnt improve throughout this gen. If in a few years we are still seeing 50m Xbox to 110m PS market share and they uptake on Game Pass is not good then I could see them releasing on PlayStation to recoup losses. I just dont see this happening.

Unchartered might be last on my list of games I would want from Sony. Well Knack below…

2 Likes

Yup completely agree with this, would be stupid to pull them.

Never going to happen and I don’t even think MS would want to put it on there anyway, they can put Game Pass on the TV with xCloud and skip past them without needing to pay fees.

You’re forgetting PC/xCloud those are “Xbox” platforms so they don’t need the Xbox console to sell well when xCloud has the platform to access over a billion phones and we haven’t even got into web broswers or TV apps yet.

1 Like

I guess for me the easiet way to look at this and I said something similar in another thread.

If MS is paying your bills now why would you even care about the PS5? It’s no longer your concern after you fulfill whatever contracts you had to deliver a game for them.

You can now fully concentrate on pushing out the most focused version of your game on the best hardware.

This first year is vital is getting people into your ecosystem knowing those games are Xbox /PC only pushes you if you really want to play them towards gamepass. I mean the timing of the announcement was meant for maximum reach to make the rush on pre orders even more crazy.

I personally think that the ‘cinematic’ video games that Sony has formulised are getting old hat.

MS is onto something by bringing together a lot of companies that deal in WRPGs. And making Xbox the place to be if you want that content.

2 Likes

Thats what I was saying with Game Pass uptake. I have been saying for a while now that I think Game Pass will be huge. Overall I reckon it will eventually make the console install base look small. If for whatever reason it doesnt though. MS can recoup some cash by releasing titles elsewhere.

2 Likes

100% Xbox console is going to be the niche market for Xbox lol, soon as they push an app out to all smart TV’s it’ll easily be the smallest part of thier gaming ecosystem. But Xbox console will always be their heart.

That’s kinda the tricky thing we don’t know yet, existing obligations. For all we know BGS “promised” or however you want to call it Starfield and TES VI to PS5, along with Xbox and PC. It’s clear that a PS5 build exists, the game has been in development for a while now.

Maybe that’s what Pete Hines meant with the games they were making and those that had been announced would still be published by them. This got a lot of people getting hope that this 100% meant PS5 releases too. Then Phil Spencer later said it will be a case by case basis.

I saw some folks claim that BGS had confirmed PS5 as a platform for Starfield and TES VI but that’s total nonsense. They have never mentioned a single platform, just that it’s their next big singleplayer RPG for next gen.

It’s probably just only Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, TESO and Fallout 76 and that’s it.

Xbox want to have Game Pass become bigger and bigger and now having Bethesda games sure as hell will help with that. Whatever the case I have no doubt these games will be Xbox and PC first and if another platform, maybe Switch and if PS5 too…without a doubt much later after release.

I think the first proper BGS game will be a great test for Game Pass.

1 Like

Yep people should stop hoping. The fall will be harder then. Why they didn’t spend the same energy with Sony…

1 Like

I am not sure thats all that clear. Even the FF16 footage at Sony event was running on PC. I doubt a lot of these far our games are running on either next gen consoles yet.

On a more important note, nice dog in your profile. Staffys are awesome.

1 Like

Some of these games are system sellers, Elder Scrolls is bigger than Halo these days so no, they shouldn’t be releasing on other consoles at all.

Expect any wider “service” style games like ESO to stay multiplatform and receive updates. After Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop, I would fully expect all studios to focus 100% on Xbox and PC.

There could be an argument made that some smaller games might release to Playstation, but I doubt it.

2 Likes

I was thinking about this, maybe there was a clause to keep the Bethesda publishing arm (for a certain period of time or not) to prevent layoffs

That’s why i don’t think it has any influence on exclusivity, they are owned by MS now

When Phil was talking @ TGS and saying “to gamers everywere”, he was talking about MS ecosystem (Xbox, PC and Cloud). These games are not coming to Playstation ever again

1 Like

Thank you. I got some more pics in the pets thread here. And yeah agreed, Staffies are amazing. Dogs are overall incredible.

1 Like

Next ES or Fallout when Sony eventually makes Sunset Overdrive 2 and releases it on Xbox day and date as well…

I don’t see it happening because, you know, Sony. I’m just glad MS is finally starting to spend some of that capital and make it’s products viable, all of them. I just find it odd that they bought an entire PUBLISHER and not just the teams. What do they do with the PR arm of Zenimax for example?

1 Like

Big exclusives like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Doom ect = more Xbox, PC and xcloud users = more Game Pass subscribers. Putting games on the Playstation store doesn’t benefit Game Pass.

100% This. Big games only on XBOX.

Hey please do you know if Techland & Capcom have been acquired? Cause Techland moved to a new office a while ago and is really silent.

Personally, I would like to see Xbox/Bethesda continue to support Nintendo on at least a limited basis-- maybe give a year or two exclusivity for select titles on Xbox platforms before porting them over.

Bethesda has probably provided the most support for the Switch out of any of the American publishers, and Microsoft is up there as well with how many games they have “allowed” to go over. I could see excluding Nintendo from further releases as legitimately hurting their platforms going forward, and I would hate to see that.

Conversely, I would be fine if Sony never got another Bethesda game.

Agreed.

But when does Xbox get something from Ninty? :slight_smile:

I mean a avatar costume or character of Mario for all I care. I know MS gets plenty of money for bringing two Ori games and Banjo to Smash…but I’d love something from them on Xbox too.

Honestly, no idea!

2 Likes