Do you care about your gamerscore?

Although I was an OG Xbox guy, I mained PS3, then PS4 until 2019 when I got an Xbox One X. Game Pass happened, and Xbox started legit fighting for my loyalty. Been Xbox main ever since.

However, because I didn’t game much on X360, my gamer score is pitiful.

I wonder if Xbox would ever do a “gamer score transfer” from PC or PlayStation equivalents.

1 Like

I’m an achievement hunter but I don’t care about gamerscore. The completions (100%) is more important to me, although i only do it for games i really love or really easy games.

3 Likes

Man, this is actually a genius idea! Switch from PS to Xbox, transfer all your achievements/trophies! I imagine they could easily have that shit pulled from the web as well.

I actually want them to implement this now!

It would break down a barrier to platform switching for many people, I think.

I used to be wildly into achievements, not gamerscore, when I had my 360. Hampering my enjoyment and playing games I didn’t enjoy. Then the console broke and I had to start fresh and I was free.

Ironically, I think I’ve achieved roughly the same amount of gamerscore as I did then in much less time and with much more pleasure.

This is what I do as well. If it’s something like “collect all the lore” or something I don’t mind playing with a guide so I can experience more of the world. Alan Wake thermoses and Assassin’s Creed feathers and flags need not apply.

I do care about achievements insofar as they give me rewards points. I have a few beaten games in reserve for that very purpose.

1 Like

Do I care about gamerscore?

No.

The main reason I get achievements now is from naturally playing. I’ll cheese an achievement here and there for Microsoft points. If I truely enjoy a game and it has “fun” challenges beyond difficulty spikes or grinding, I may chase a few more.

I’m much more interested in Microsoft points. I haven’t paid cash/debit for Game Pass in years and any pre-order is obtained by trading points in for $50 or $100 in Microsoft credit.

Not really. I do like boosting my score on games I like or getting 1000 on them assuming it isn’t crazy.

Nope, been on Xbox live since 2005 and just do not care about made up score keeping.

Just out of curiosity, what is your Gamerscore? Just wondering what someone would have naturally accumulated without trying.

A llittle over 50k

Used to. Think I got to like just under 200K

Now I don’t care and feel it’s very unimportant. If anything it’s a bad thing because it could peer pressure people into playing games they don’t want to to get imaginary points.

Uhh. Bring back the days when we just all played games for fun. :man_shrugging:

Back in the 360 days it was fun to compete with friends. Also, some achievements like the Zombie Genocider achievement in Dead Rising led to some fun and intense moments (car breaking down in the tunnel cause you got greedy on a pass :rofl:).

However, today I seldom chase down every achievement unless it’s for games I loved or feel it is obtainable. It also doesn’t help that there are now indie developers creating games specifically to give you an easy 1000G.

1 Like

So I’m conflicted with this.

Any game I play I try to get all available achievements, but the actual score amount not so much. Like I think I am closing in on 2 million but I am more proud with the 1900 completed games

5 Likes

I enjoy getting achievements, but I don’t play any game with the goal of completing all the achievements in them.

It’s not that I care about my gamerscore, but I also don’t exactly not care?

I dunno. One thing’s for sure though, I value it a whole lot more than steam achievements.

6 Likes

I mean… for some of us going after achievements is fun and part of the experience. What kind of weird gatekeeping is that? lol

6 Likes

Lol right?

I know some people can get too invested in achievements. But they’re not this entirely useless thing. Tbh even if you only use them to keep track of what you’ve played over a decade and a half, they have their worth.

They’ve also nudged me into trying out new things or play styles in games, such as making sure I tried every weapon in Doom 2016.

5 Likes

Yeah, for real. If someone doesn’t care about achievements, cool, that’s your choice. But can we not do the thing where we talk down to people who enjoy games in a different way than you? The thing that ends up happening every damn time, without fail, that this subject comes up?

4 Likes

I really enjoy getting the achievements in games for a handful of reasons.

1 - I feel I’ve completed the bonus tasks appointed by the devs & getting the most out of the game

2 - I’m a numbers person so seeing I’ve 100% a game gives me a good feeling of completion

3 - Achievement can be fun

That said there are some instances where achievements are terrible and sometimes (very rarely) I won’t even play a game because of them as it depresses me. A good example is kill 100,000 enemies or play 1,000 hours.

Overall mixed bag but for me it can elevate a game to new heights or bring it so low I don’t even play it.

Edit - reading this back I sound a bit mental :disappointed:

6 Likes

I don’t think that sounds mental, I think that’s a lot of peoples experiences with achievements

3 Likes