Diablo IV hits the Xbox app Thursday, March 28th

It’s such a tiny amount of games, it’s not worth it.

I am sure it’ll be better for future games. It’s a big ask for them to completely integrate ‘legacy’ titles though I get why people want it. Especially for pretty recent games that will see support for years.

3 Likes

DIablo IV is now in the game pass app. I’ve linked my battle.net account but it won’t install.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be tomorrow, might be a slow roll out

Well it’s the 28th down under god dammit :joy:

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1773072080830902732

Famous Xbox community member also seems to care about this fractured ecosystem on PC

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1773079572579279350

A now first party game not supporting achievements is terrible and I don’t know why people are downplaying it but ok.

1 Like

I agree from an ecosystem point of view it isn’t very good.

I wonder what took them so long to add diablo 4 to GamePass if they did the bare minimum integration here… I mean you could already link Xbox accounts to battlenet

Probably some complicated backend stuff. It would explain why we’ve gone several months without a single ABK game coming to gamepass since the purchase went through.

1 Like

Or maybe just maybe they were waiting until games like diablo 4 reach their retail sales potential

Xbox discourse is the most miserable shit, just the worst lately.

9 Likes

I think you answered your own question there. There would be far more uproar if this was a brand new game instead of an older title that is now under the Xbox umbrella and recently ported to the Xbox PC Store.

People are explaining it, not downplaying it. I think 95% of people would agree that it would be nice to have and it’s something they should be working on.

5 Likes

It sucks, but luckily there’s cloud saves through blizzard . I am just happy I am able to play Diablo on my laptop and rog ally.

2 Likes

1 Like

Its not going to be a quick process for older games

New blizzard games going forward shouldnt have this issue anymore

It’s been over 6 months since ABK closed

Even at 6 months ago I’m sure the core development team moved on to another project over this was confirmed to be a possibility.

Just so you know, what needs to happen here is a PC port based on GDK (GitHub - microsoft/GDK: Microsoft Public GDK) (I’m sure you’ll have questions and the short rundown at the link will probably answer most of them)

They could port the Xbox version to PC, but already have a highly optimized PC version with the Battle.net version. It made more sense to have that version playable through Game Pass. Which is why you need a battle dot net account to play it.

It’s all about cost vs benefit and I do agree that it would be better to streamline all B dot net games so they get full GDK ports so they support the Xbox ecosystem inherently. But it’s not that trivial. It takes people+time which means money and I’m sure most of the devs that aren’t in a support/Live-service role have moved on to the next project. If they’re working on this I expect a skeleton crew. If costs weren’t an issue there would be more people on it and it would be done faster.

3 Likes

Anyone had any success installing Diablo IV on PC yet?

Now showing in recently added but it doesn’t install.

1 Like

Do you have battle.net installed? I know the servers were taking a pounding so it might be messing up when it tries to launch/install it.