Developers Are Making Games for a Nintendo 4K Console That Doesn’t Exist

Yeah exactly. With the OLED model just launching, of course they aren’t going to admit a new, better system may launch next year. We see this behavior from every manufacturer.

1 Like

I dont think Bloomberg is in the business of reporting fake news continuously for stuff like this. It just sounds like Nintendo denying until its ready.

yep but something interesting is that a quote noted certain parts for the system wouldnt be ready till 2025 so do they still go ahead with the pro or just turn it into a successor

Now that’s a salty headline :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t see a reason why this 4K Switch couldn’t be the successor. I don’t see them going back to a traditional console and traditional handheld model. I see them going forward with the Switch direction until it stops working for them.

1 Like

Yeah they seemed to have carved a niche here that works for them and no reason to deviate. We saw the damage the Wii and Wii U caused.

What I find kinda funny is that The Switch is the Wii U 2 is we are being honest.

1 Like

The Wii damaged more Xbox than Nintendo (the gimmick route, lmao), the real failures of Nintendo post 2000 were WiiU obviously and Gamecube, their last high-end console, when they understood that trying to match MS and Sony technical prowess would have lead them into the ground. I don’t see a high end Switch successor until it could be reasonably priced, it’s impossible to sell a 4K handheld at 3/400$/€ right now.

1 Like

I dont even think the Switch needs 4K just something to output 1080p 60fps consistently.

2 Likes

Imo the very idea of a 4k switch is just appalling to me. Nintendo should focus adding that extra power to make games run better, not push more pixels. No use seeing a 4k version of a game if it looks like Legends Arceus.

Yep, this. Just target 1080p 60 consistently and you’ll be gold.

1 Like

Oh I totally agree when it comes to performance. Considering how most of Nintendo’s games already target 60fps, I don’t think performance should be much of a concern. In reality this new Switch wouldn’t really be targeting 4K, at least not internally. It’s more likely it’ll target around 1080p and use DLSS to upscale from there. Considering how this new switch should have more memory and a faster CPU, I’d imagine the performance would be better than ever before for the few non-60fps games they produce like Zelda.

1 Like

In order for it to run a lot of games at 60FPS it needs not to have a garbage ass 15yr old CPU that’s basically a beefed up 360. The next Switch or Nintendo system has to have a competent and fast CPU. Mobiles have garbage ass GPU’s but CPU is so fast it can run anything at super high framerates.

1 Like