Dethroned

Dethroned is the spiritual successor to my Halo 5 1v1 map Throne of Blood. Battle for the throne in a crumbling cathedral with 2-8 players.

The map has been scaled up from its predecessor and has been iterated on dramatically in order to make it suitable for 4v4. It was designed as a Slayer map, but Oddball is also quite fun due to the many ways you can rotate around the map via the courtyard teleporter lift. Strongholds and KOTH are also supported.

At the time of posting this map is a work in progress, so the map will continue to be updated for some time as I keep play testing it. Special thanks to Certified Champ for sharing some torch and crate prefabs with me.

3 Likes

I LOVE the lighting on this. Queuing this up for a download for sure!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch man. It took me quite a while to get the lighting right. Let me know what you think when you check it out!

Oh…that looks really unique. Will jump on this as well.

1 Like

Love this, Pat. Played with a couple friends last night and was super impressed with the detail and layout. I think the lighting looks great but was maybe a touch too dim for my and my friends’ eyes after a while playing on it. Great work though! Really enjoyed it

Thanks for the feedback man! I’ve got both a 4k HDR tv and a regular 1080p one and when I switch between them the light levels are quite different. I’ve been trying to figure out the right middle ground for a while and tbh its been pretty frustrating. Its good to know someone with outside perspective thinks it’s too dark. I’ll definitely increase the ambient light levels a bit.