Def Jam making a comeback on Xbox SX and PS5?

it’s been years since people are asking for Def Jam to comeback. If you don’t know the franchise, is about rap stars beating each other with some good storyline gang-related. Def Jam Icon was awful for a lot of fans, and then, EA just forgot about it.

A while ago, we got some movement on Def Jam Recordings account on Twitter, and since 2018, the account published some curious tweets about the gaming franchise. They started teasing a comeback, but it never went beyond the rumours.

A now, we’re in 2020, and again the account has been teasing a comeback. Could be anything, like a Remaster, a mobile game, or even a full Remake for Xbox Series X and PS5. Since the account has been publishing more and more about it, and we got the following tweet as “proof”, seems too much to ignore.

What are your thoughts?
1 Like

Not sure I want this game with current day rappers lol. Could you imagine lil uzi vert vs tekashi69 lmao. I hope it’s a remaster then I would be hyped

1 Like

I was thinking about this and, to be fair, they don’t even need to use real rappers. They could create a universe based on this whole music/gangs subject. In fact, it could even be “all original”, having only references to famous rappers.

1 Like

I’ll take any wrestling game using the AKI engine. That shit was incredible.

1 Like

25a

2 Likes

That would be cool. I hope it’s true.

1 Like

I would lose my mind if they brought this franchise back had soooooo many memories playing these growing up. Fighting D-Mob at the end of Vendetta was one of the hardest boss fights of my life we literally used to take turns trying to finish it lol. Would loveee to see this comeback in a big way, no mobile games!!!

1 Like

I’d love this and nba street. Only thing is what rappers would they use? Cus a lot of the ones out rn are independent so licensing probably would be a problem, us controversies. Then you got to think about the ones not wanting to ruin their brand

1 Like

best intro ever

1 Like

More hints or teasing?

1 Like