DayOne - Feedback Thread

A few things that would be nice:

• A max filter for HLTB (maybe convert the input to a range)
  • A filter for “Available” (and/or “Released”), as sorting by shortest first displays unreleased games
  • The filters icon seems like a bad choice, it’s typically used for app drawers, or similar.

Scoring games now works!

2 Likes

I see you’re now using rem for font size which is great! However you have set the fontsize at the html level in px causing the site not to scale at all. (defeating the point of using rem)

You should set the base for html to be 1rem (which is 16px) this will allow the site to scale correctly for users who have increased there device fontsize.

2 Likes

Great point! There are a few UI related things to iron out. Our devs are currently on the vacation, so we will see fixes done once they are back. Until then our job is to hunt for bugs and UI/UX flaws. Keep them coming :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

image image

It seems the system does detect Xbox games leaving (and Play Anywhere titles), but it doesn’t seem to work when there’s two listings for a game.

3 Likes

Another piece of feedback: would be nice if games which are coming soon had a blue ‘‘Coming soon’’ banner like the red ‘‘No longer available’’ banner above. Especially since both variants currently show up in search.

1 Like

Yeah, good point.

The HowLongToBeat information for some games doesn’t seem to work. So far (in my limited testing) it seems to not work for:

There’s still a lot of games which have left the service but doesn’t have the “No longer available” banner.

Do you have non-PC examples? I’ll check them out.

There is a lot, here’s some to start with:

• Call of the Sea
  • Beholder
  • Code Vein
  • Cricket 19
  • Destiny 2
  • Destiny 2: Beyond light
  • Destiny 2: Forsaken
  • Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
  • F1 2019
  • FIFA 19
  • Final Fantasy X/X2 HD
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Football Manager 21
  • Farming Simulator 19
2 Likes

Thanks. Seems like it works now, but games that have left the service before we started marking them that way didn’t work. Will get to it!

3 Likes

Yeah, I figured that was the case. I only went through A-F so…

1 Like

I’ll go through the rest. Thanks a lot.

No probs, I enjoy the Day One app-thing-site-function a lot.

2 Likes

Thank you!

The more feedback we get, the better experience for everyone will be :green_heart:.

1 Like

Found a lot more games which left from November 2021 to May 2022 that were still shown as available. I have an idea when we started building this database and when we started marking games as leaving the service… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hehe, yeah there is a pattern :wink:

Must say the sports section looks a little different now… Sports | XboxEra Day One

2 Likes