CrossfireX Service to End May 18, 2023

Originally published at: CrossfireX Service to End May 18, 2023 - XboxEra

What You Need to Know

• Smilegate Entertainment will be shuttering CrossfireX game services on May 18, 2023. No more content will be added.
  • All sale of the game on the Xbox Store will be halted and purchases within the last 14 days (as of today) are eligible for refunds.
  • Campaigns will no longer be playable past May 18th as well.

Smilegate Entertainment has announced that, effective May 18, 2023, all CrossfireX game services will be coming to a close. Refunds will be offered to those who made purchases within the last 14 days by going to this link and filling out the form. For those who have additional questions, Smilegate has also created a FAQ which you can read by going here. Unfortunately, server closures also mean that the campaigns will go with them once they shut down.

CrossfireX has had quite a turbulent launch, first appearing at E3 2019 but not launching until February 10th of last year. We didn’t have high opinions on both the campaign and the multiplayer, but this author thinks losing access to singleplayer content is a huge kick to the gut.

Source: Smilegate Entertainment

1 Like

Never played the game and have no interest but losing access to the campaigns is pretty terrible

2 Likes

That’s nuts that the single player will also shut down, considering one of the campaigns wasn’t even on game pass. Anyone who bought it essentially rented it with how fast it’s disappearing.

But I guess the defenders of server reliant single player games will just keep saying “I missed the part where that’s my problem.”

1 Like

Wll if most games shut down as fast as this, you’re damn right if have a problem with it

But games like Redfall or other connection heavy games, im not too concerned about, at least in regards to MS as they’ve shown they keep their servers going for a very long time

I don’t know/care if this is a “hot take” but MS should have to refund all campaign purchases. It’s simply unacceptable to market this game’s campaign in all those events and then have it so that you were only actually able to own them for one year.

1 Like

Yeah it’s kind of wild to take single player access away to something that quickly

Can’t imagine refunding the few dozen copies they sold of this game would break the bank either but at the end of the day, this isn’t on MS, it’s on the publisher

From MS point of view why should they refund something they don’t control?

1 Like

Well I thought MS was involved with funding of the game or some aspect of publishing. That’s what Google says anyway

But even so it’s MS who marketed this game and it’s campaigns in multiple showcases and I don’t recall them ever stating that if a server closure happens you will lose the campaigns. I’m sure it was buried in some 200 page EULA though.

lol

Only purchases made in the last 14 days are being refunded? I’m sure the 2 people that bought anything from CrossfireX in the last 14 days will be delighted.

On a serious note, if they’re killing off SP campaign access they should just refund anyone that bought it also they should extend the time from 14 days to like 3 or 4 months at least for MP cosmetic purchases.

1 Like

Oh wait…

Don’t care.

Nope. I am now also on the fuck online requirements for singleplayer-train. I’m not beyond changing my opinion.

I can see the downsides clearly and so far not a single positive reason has been given.

2 Likes

This game is straight out of 2007. If anybody here ever played warface(it was Ubisoft’s free to play cs like game the 360 gen), it’s exactly that. It’s very slow and slow shooters have no place in todays landscape. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea

Seems like this game missed in every way shape and form. Absolutely baffling that they ever thought it was a good idea.

The campaign was $9.

Yes it’s lame when games have an online requirement for single player (looking at you MultiVersus!) but asking for a refund after you’ve already completed a $9 game is probably going way too far in this case.

I played CrossfireX campaign, I enjoyed my time with it, and I quickly moved on. End of story.

1 Like

Glad i didnt waste money on crossfire camapign. i booted up the multiplayer once and quit after 20 mins. Awful.

Was the latest update called “Babylon”? That’s their twitter banner.

Lesson: NEVER introduce the word Babylon to your game’s title :laughing:

2 Likes