Crimson Desert is mostly Single Player with MP options, Targets next gen Consoles

Definitely.

Black Desert is really good looking after the graphical upgrade it got. Even on Xbox.

The framerate is really bad on X (havenā€™t tried it on SX) though.

I loaded it up on the Series X and frame rate is fine, I enabled the 4k options in the game. The animations are a bit janky but that is par for eh course for a last gen game, it currently looks pretty good on Series X.

This game looks like how I would expect a nextgen Dragonā€™s Dogma to look if it were made.

Their wording confuses me. Sounds like only certain parts are co-op? Thatā€™s a bummer. If I donā€™t have the option to do the whole thing, beginning to end, with someone else, Iā€™m out. Like Wasteland 3. I donā€™t want an MMO really (Iā€™m fine with the genre, but Pearl Abyss already has Black Desert), I just want a traditional RPG that can be 1-4 players. Or even 2.

Pretty sure you can play the entire game in co-op but itā€™s drop in/drop out so basically, you can play either solo or co-op at any time. At least, thatā€™s how it sounds to me.

It sounded to me something akin to invoking someone to help you in dark souls

Yep and after you are done with the SP story it sounds like you can continue like a normal online mode.