Cerys' Birthday giveaway

As a child I certainly wanted to be many things. I wanted to explore space, I wanted to save lives, run into burning buildings. You know, all the usual works.

I think in terms of serious aspirations:

1. I wanted to go into pharmacy since I was around 12 or so years old. Not because I was excited about medication or anything, but because I figured they made good money and had steady work. While I did enter university as a chemistry major, I never ended up pursuing this.

2. This is a (somewhat) more recent dream of mine, Iā€™d say late high school/early uni afterwards, but I want to go to Mars. No particular reason, but Iā€™m still fascinated by space and all that unknown. Heck, I joke about being put in the history books as the first person to die on Mars! And hey, who knows, maybe in 10 years Iā€™ll try applying to be an astronautā€¦

3. And to top it off and what I still consider my primary aspiration (and one Iā€™ve had since I was a little kid), is to be a writer. Itā€™s still a dream job of mine and Iā€™ve taken a few stabs at it over the years, though sadly I used to write much more as a teen compared to now.

I have this sprawling story in my head, with moving parts that continue to merge, change, and transform. Grand hopes of creating this massive, 10 book fantasy series that spans millions of years and dozens of lives, while revolving around a single soul struggling to make a decision. This is still something I really want to do, and I hope writing more for this site will help polish my writing and creative skills.

Aaaand thatā€™s it for now! Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve forgotten a fair bit of goals or dreams I had, but I think these are the main ones that stuck around. Heck, I think I still have a time capsule under a bed somewhere with something like ā€œso, am I a writer now?ā€

6 Likes

Awesome addition flower! :smiley:

Writers are fabby, keep on trying I would love to read somethign in the future.

1 Like

Ok so super thanks everyone for joining in, please keep doing so.

there were so many great submissions, I couldnā€™t chose only 3 and then Soul came in with a fabby last minute story. So instead I picked 5 of my favorites and a second code so that the giveaway was 100% more awesome and 100% more ultimate.

santa claus office lol GIF by The Elves!

Drum Roll!

So I asked on Discord tonight for one member to assign my top 5 a random number then asked a second to give me two numbers, to kep it double blind.

My top 5 were:

• Stefrah

• Vinnie13

• DeoGame

• PhantomFox

• SoulBlazerz

The random numbers picked were 2 and 5, and they had been assigned to

@DeoGame & @PhantomFox

:heart: Congrats!! :heart:

(thanks to VX1 and Somnia for being my randomfactor, like a tractor)

13 Likes

Oh my, awesome! Was certainly interesting reading about my fellow forum members beyond their gaming preferences.

5 Likes

Thank you so very much Cerys. Youā€™re the best! And congrats to everyone. Wonderful submissions all around. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for doing this. Nice to get to know everyone a bit better - and lots of fun!

5 Likes

You are kinda awesome, @Cerysnetics .

6 Likes

Nice job @Cerysnetics .

You really are a wonderful person and a beloved member of this community. Never leave.

8 Likes

Awwwwww you :heart:

3 Likes