Can we talk about how much sense EA makes for Microsofts future gaming efforts?

Your most likely right. I got carried away with power your dreams.

I feel like the sports games inflate EA too much, if they lost the sports rights to all those games their price would plummet. I think MS could’ve been looking at buying them but thought about it and decided it wasn’t a good idea. This is why EA Play is included in Xbox Game Pass because they pretty much now get all those games included anyway at a fraction of the cost.

I’m sure the EA Play in Game Pass is the start of more to come really, I expect the parternship to get closer and closer but no buy outs at all.

Not at all, they allow their games on all platforms but 1 so they would be fine.

The Game Pass deal with EA makes a ton of sense. An acquisition does not.

2 Likes

If I was going to spend the kind of money it would take acquire ea I would spend significantly less and buy Take-Two. They make more sense in a lot of ways. You get sports titles with the 2k branding which would be a great draw for gamepass even with them still being released everywhere, you get a pc devs with series like Civilization, you get a prestige studio in rockstar.

Overall I would buy neither as I don’t think it’s worth it unless you are buying to stop amazon or google from owning them. I’d spend money on acquiring some studios like Larian studios, Falcom, Level 5, Asobo, dontnod, people can fly, techland, etc. which would have more meaningful impact and cost signfifcantly less. You could probably buy all those studios cheaper then acquiring a publisher the size of EA.

Hell if you really wanted to get flashy, you could buy CD Projekt Red.

EA doesn’t make sense as a purchase. Not for that price. EA does make sense as a partner. I want to see EA be to Game Pass what HBO used to be to basic cable. EA Origin Access, while not near the value of Game Pass, is still a great value. I’m hoping they offer an upgrade option for Game Pass Ultimate subscribers to get the full EA experience.