Can we please get page separation of post or something?

on mobile its ridiculous to have to filter/slider through 300+ post I couldn’t imagine a huge OT of 5000+.

Tried using this button?

On PC/Mac Browser I do not have that counter btw. I only have the time line slider. Is there a chance to get that comment counter on PC/Mac web browsers too?

And while I am here, is there a chance we will get a button to set the forum on READ ?

Above posted is from mobile view, on desktop you will have a bit different slider but the count is there, in example below it’s 181/249. If you click on 23m ago, it will take you to the last post in the topic (if you don’t want to scroll).

OMG I am blind :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lol :smile:.

Okay, back at home with full fledged browser. Not so blind after all as you can’t “click” on the numbers to open a GoTo dialog. To be able to do that would be my feature request here.

1 Like

I’ll use this thread as I can’t make a new one.

Can we get pages instead of infinite scroll as an option? It’s cool to have infinite scroll, but I find myself not bothering to go back and check older posts as there’s no clear break line. For example, on Era I’d go a few pages back and read to the end. So leave infinite scroll as a default option but add pages as an alternative :hugs:

There is no option for classic pages. If you like jumping a few “pages” back and read from there you can use a slider on the right and skip to some point. It will even show you how many posts are you scrolling past. The great thing about it is that will display “back” on the slider if you want to jump back to the point from which you started reading older posts.

Had to find this post to know how it works lol. Pages as an option would be cool though.

Not to totally hate as a new user, but the current setup makes it really hard in terms of clear readability and usability to me. Just something I immediately noticed. :confused:

1 Like

Hey, no worries :slight_smile:. It’s understandable that coming to Discourse forums can be a bit ‘hard’ for some members cause some things work differently than classic forums. And yes, not having ‘pages’ is one of the first things people mention that they don’t like (at first :slight_smile: ).

Discourse use slider on the right to visually display where are you currently in the topic, but also there is a post counter under the slider that shows how many posts are in the thread and the number of the post you are currently at or read. Even when you leave the topic, the forum will remember where you left and it will take you back to that point when you visit the thread again. If you move through the topic, a little button BACK will appear which will take you to the last read post.

Classic forums use pages cause they need somehow to break content and ease page load (which is fine). And when you want to see if there is new content on the page, you need to refresh the page. With our forum, you don’t need to reload the current topic, it will automatically update the thread with new posts, like a chat.

What we learned is that over time people forget about pages as a not big deal (yeah, there is always a hardcore pages loving audience :smiley:). Also, other features of our forum are something that you can’t find on the classic forum software.

1 Like