Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War trailer

This is just stupid. It’s not even really more expensive for having cross gen. It’s just more expensive for next gen.

It’s a mess for no reason.

Love me my cod campaign and some multiplayer. Tho graphics are rather similar to MW just a different colour tone. Which is fine since MW looked insane.

Trailer looks dope, but the event in Warzone was underwhelming, the cross-gen plans are dumb, and I’m still worried about the rocky development delivering an incomplete/janky product. We’ll see. I trust Treyarch more than any other COD dev though.

Yean. Any ire should be directed at Activision here and not Xbox. Xbox has a system in place where copies can be upgraded to next-gen. Activision is just being greedy bastards here - as if CoD really needs the extra $10 to make obscene amounts of money lol - and are refusing to use smart delivery.

1 Like

Yeah I edited my other comment. It sounds like Activision wanted to use Smart Delivery but demanded to cahrge for it, MS said no, so they decided to basically make their own version but force it to charge. Then to fall within MS’s platform guidelines they probably had to make this super awkward set of sku’s. Really goes to show ya why Smart Delivery isn’t just a buzzword though.

They should frankly just ditch the X1 sku entirely. It has no use other than being $10 cheaper. I’d love seeing MS be more aggressive enforcing some of their guidelines. This flies in the face of their own clear vision and muddies the waters for their platform overall.

To be clear, MS is 100% innocent here as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes