Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War accused of becoming a "Play on PlayStation to win game" after latest Sony exclusives revealed

Another Marvel’s Avengers?

Yep

1 Like

yer i seen this last night a lot more perks for playstation faster levelling up glad i decided to give this one a miss

I’m not a fan of this, but how is it in anyway pay to win? Your weapons don’t even reset during prestige anymore, so over the long term the party weapon XP bonus isn’t important. The biggest one to me is the exclusive double XP events, and that’s more of a convenience than pay to win. The extra loadout slots are lame.

Sony love doing this kind of shit though (as does Activision). Xbox players got less content in the original Destiny while paying the same price. I’d argue these COD exclusives aren’t as bad as that though.

I still stand by my opinion that MS blew it when they let the COD marketing go.

Another game I will never touch then.

Lucky for me, im taking a generational break from COD and BF for that matter. Playing 9 of them in less than 5 years was overkill so I need a nice long break from them. LOL.

2 Likes

Seriously, 9 in 5 years?

Producers milking these games too much.

I don’t understand what this means materially but in principle, it unequivocally stinks. If the product costs the same, it should play the same, especially in a competitive type. I don’t know enough about Call of Duty to know what XP means in that context but it’s rubbing me the wrong way.

This is shady practice, and in no way defendable.

Slight correction, I played 8 of them in 5 years…Since March 2015 -

• Battlefield Hardline (6.5/10)
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (8.5/10)
  • Battlefield 1 (8.0/10)
  • Call of Duty: WWII (8.0/10)
  • Battlefield V (8.0/10)
  • Call of Duty: MW 2019 (8.0/10)
  • Battlefield 4 (8.5/10)
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (8.5/10)

Ratings are for the campaign only. I simply had my fill of them. Plus im tired of first person games so im being much more selective this generation.

I did enjoy BF1 quite a lot but BF5 suffered from DICE’s poor implementation of gaas shooters.

I’m looking forward to seeing what they offer for next year’s BF but in all honesty I would rather have a new Battlefront!

I only play the campaigns so I can’t comment on the GAAS aspects of BFV. I do remember waiting a few weeks for that extra “episode/chapter” before playing the game as once I went through the campaign, it was going to be gone so I waited.

If I end up playing Battlefield 6, it will be once it gets added to EA Play. No reason for me to buy the game when all I would play is the campaign.

When it comes to EA, all I really care about is Respawn to be honest. Can’t wait for Titanfall 3 and Jedi Fallen Order 2.

I’m going to stay on Modern Warfare for a long time. Thank you Sony.

PlayStation Advantage! :wink:

Yet MS are the bad guys? Glad people are waking up to this.

Being honest, I don’t like CoD. I never had liked CoD or frankly most of the military shooters. SW Battlefront is decent. The Id/MachineGames, Valve titles and Halo are my cup of tea.

1 Like

Not really seeing the play to win.
As having an extra load out slot and earning exp faster isn’t going to make you better at the game.

But I do think they are going over kill to try make everyone play on ps5 over xbox and pc, to the point it will just put people off buying the game.
Honestly these deals absolutely suck for everyone, Sony with their for the players slogan, but actively going out the way to give 2 different player bases a lesser experience.
& Surely Activision doesn't need the £ for their biggest ip either.

I was going to get Cold War.

I’ve now decided I’ll skip it because of this. I will play warzone though(and not get any on app purchases)

I think the big issue is going to be if enough people will care to actually not buy the latest COD and hurt Activision where it matters, the wallet. Because if they still sell the same amount of copies or heck even more, they will just keep taking these deals knowing full well that a large part of their user base don’t care about their deals with Sony.

I’ve given up on CoD so this doesn’t upset me but at the same time I’m not surprised lol. Bring on that next gen battlefield I’m ready for it. I hope thats not cross gen. Let the frostbite engine be free from the shackles of the jaguar cpu

Hopefully it’s good as battlefield 5 wasn’t

I hope so as well glad they are taking their time and the frostbite engine is already a next gen ready engine. EA just needs to drop the xbox one and ps4 support. I feel like they won’t because to much money their