Buying anything in the current "Ultimate Game Sale"?

I need to see what’s there that I don’t have. I want to pick up Valhalla if it’s on sale.

1 Like

I picked up the Life is Strange remastered collection. I’ve enjoyed playing the first one again so far.

2 Likes

Getting the megaman x bundle

1 Like

Got Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands and Darksiders Warmastered. Been wanting Tiny Tina since launch but did not want to pay $70 for the current gen version. Darksiders is a game I came close to buying many times due to the comparisons to Zelda, but for $5 I decided to finally give it a try.

1 Like

I bought the Yakuza collection (3, 4, 5) as it’s dirt cheap. Already completed them via XGP, but will definitely play them again. Other than that, nothing, due to an already heaving backlog.

1 Like

I love the Darksiders games and lore. If you’re even a moderate fan of 3rd person adventure games I would recommend them. If you’re even moderately entertained by stylized accounts of heaven and hell (pre-biblical accounts, if I recall correctly) I recommend them.

4 Likes

If you wanted a Zelda like game Okami is the way to go. It’s a better Zelda game than BoTW

2 Likes

I have not played Okami. I do see it mentioned frequently. Maybe I’ll put it on a wishlist and see if I get to it between a sale and my backlog.

Of note, I haven’t played a Zelda game since Wind Waker which I was not a fan of. I do have the Switch versions of Links Awakening and BoTW, but haven’t played either.

Now that I think of it, I’ve had my Switch for 7 months and haven’t done any more than test a few games when I first got it. Too much time on Game Pass (and work and parenthood).

1 Like

Links awakening is great.

These Zelda games are essentially metroidvanias

1 Like

I played for an hour or two the other day. Digging it so far. It’s definitely my type of game, lol. I’ll also throw in a recommendation for Okami. It’s one of the first Zelda-likes I ever played (even before Zelda itself) and is still one of my favorite games of that type. Love love love the art and music in that game.

3 Likes

Still waiting on a deal for Streets of Rage 4. That seems to weirdly never happen.

What? How is LA metroidvania? You’re using that term very loosely buddy.

Is slowly unlocking new abilities to expand a larger map not the very essence of a metroidvania?

1 Like

No, you are right. Technically LA is a Metrovania without 2D side-scrolling. Symphony of the Night was inspired by Zelda. But LA is not a game which people have in mind when talking about a Metrovania game. Action-adventure is the better description for LA.

1 Like

I didn’t realize Tetris was on sale. When something is on Gamepass I don’t always notice the sale. I wish it was cheaper than $20 but the alternative is that Tetris games eventually get delisted so I hate risking not having it in my collection. Thats often my dilemma risk over paying or risk not having it in my collection.

2 Likes

Yep! Whenever I see a Game Pass game on sale I super enjoyed usually jump on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it leaves Game Pass at the end of the year, so figured I might as well grab it now.

2 Likes

I dunno not really too much different to the past few sales, i might hold off on this one.

I still have a good amount of stuff I need to play so I probably won’t buy too much in this sale. I’d love to buy Stellaris but there’s so many expansions to that game I feel it’s better to wait until they include it all in one big bundle.

I’ll probably buy this train game for $10 and call it done. I kinda want Mafia 1 as well though…

How are you liking it? I was debating on buying it in the last sale but I thought since a new game in this series releases soon that I would just wait and buy that one instead.

Nothing for me. Have purchased enough games and whatnot in the last 18 months. Almost all of which I have already played. No reason for me to add more. lol

At this point, just waiting for my upcoming games to get released.

I actually haven’t started it yet and is in the backlog. I bit the bullet after watching this: https://youtu.be/4P4xJ34dmqQ

It seemingly has a learning curve, but is worth all the hassle. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into it. Only a fiver too. :astonished:

2 Likes