Build Xbox Games Studios In Your Vision

I’d take a somewhat different approach. First I would get XGS to a nice even 25 studios by buying Asobo and Blooper. I’m not sure what they’d cost. I’m sure it’s under 1 billion but I’m going to call it 1 billion for easy math.

Then I’m going to take 7 billion and invest it in Japan. I’m going to Konami, Capcom, Sega and Square. I’m offering them each a set amount of money that will be used to invest in game development but none of these games are exclusive or owned by MS. This is a long term contract (10+ years) where MS helps fund a large amount of Japanese games and they all come Day 1 to gamepass. This means Xbox doesn’t miss any big Japanese title like they currently do and exclusives can’t be bought by other platforms but these games also aren’t locked to Xbox. What this turns into is if you own Gamepass you basically don’t need to buy games anymore. All those companies mentioned above are now day 1 on gamepass, all 25 studios are day 1 on game pass. EA play included with game pass. And for my last move I will add the last infinity stone to my gauntlet and give Ubisoft the remaining 2 billion on a similar deal. Gamepass, hardware and Xcloud all skyrocket. 50+ million gamepass subscribers is the result.

1 Like