Brick by brick - the Lego thread

Gotta say, I’m extremely excited about this newly revealed set. And the price point is great as well.

There have been a couple of references above to the ultimate collector series Republic Gunship - and here’s a review from Jay - I love his photos & writing, so that’s why I link to him frequently.

Before that though - I’m going to link back to the poll that Lego ran where it was determined that they would focus on this set. I’ll admit - I actually voted AGAINST this set, because I figured it had already happened, and I thought that the Nebulon B was a much more interesting potential set.

LEGO IDEAS - Blog - Fan Vote - Help choose one of the next Ultimate Collector Series Star Wars LEGO® sets!

But, as is the norm for me, most people disagreed with me, and something like 58% of people voted for the UCS Republic Gunship. I won’t be buying one - but I’ll admit it’s pretty cool. It’s too big for me at this point - I don’t have anywhere where I could display it, and I’m a little ticked that they’ve started doing the “here’s a couple figures” route instead of trying to have something really that appeals as a “value” in terms of what you get.

Also - I got kinda lucky that Lego did do a smaller (and significantly cheaper) version of the Nebulon B - and that I managed to snag a couple of them (which I understand may have been difficult for others)

Here’s a link to that, in case some aren’t familiar with it:

Nebulon-B Frigate™ 77904 - LEGO® Star Wars™ Sets - LEGO.com for kids

And finally - here’s Jay’s review of the new set :slight_smile:

Review: LEGO 75309 UCS Republic Gunship - Jay’s Brick Blog (jaysbrickblog.com)

I know there are some Marvel fans out there, myself included, and I just saw the pictures for the first marvel minifig series, which look amazing. I think the ones from Loki are probably my favorites, but there are some really good ones.