Books |OT| Reading RULES!

So finished with Wax & Wayne series, before reading book four I got into Mistborn: Secret History. Then i went with Elantris. Now I started Stormlight Archives: The Way of Kings. Almost on the one third of the book and tbh no idea where this will end if there is four more after :sob:.

3 Likes

I need to read Secret History (should have done it earlier since I now know one of the big things from it) and Elantris. And Stormlight surprised me a couple of places, one of the bigger ones was towards the end of the 4th book but there were lots of unexpected things throughout and even little jumps between them that I didnā€™t expect. Lots of great twists.

Looking forward to reading the one coming out this year, but also have been told I should have read Dawnshard and Edgedancer in between books, and I havenā€™t read any of the secret projects yet even though I backed them. I believe 3/4 of those are related to the Cosmere in some fashion and Iā€™m not sure about the 5th one since I avoided reading anything about it.

2 Likes

The secret projects i thought were fantastic. The weakest is probably the non cosmere one. But yeah definitely looking forward to the fifth book coming out this year. Getting close to starting my reread of the series in preparation of it.

2 Likes

I just added the files to our Kindle account a week or so ago, so once I finish my current thing (Jane Austen :grin:) I will check those out.

Listening to Discworld audio books with the new recordings when thereā€™s time as well. Weā€™re up to Feet of Clay which I havenā€™t previously read.

1 Like

I need to get around to the disc world series. Been on a progression fantasy kick lately. But i know rereading the stormlight is going to take awhile so trying to time that out is going to be tough so going to try to hold off on to long of a series.

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely. The first couple arenā€™t my favorite, but overall itā€™s awesome. But yeah starting anything with 41 books in the series is definitely a commitment.

1 Like

I have recently discovered the Lady Astronaut of Mars series and itā€™s author, Mary Robinette Kowal. I checked out the first book from the library, but then Amazon offered me three months of Audible for $1 a month! So I can get the whole series, a well as access the authorā€™s short story collection with the membership! I also pledged for their Kickstarter to get the next short story collection.

2 Likes