Blizzard, Microsft, & NetEase Sign New Deal

6 Likes

This is absolutely HUGE. PC and especially mobile is massive in China.

4 Likes

Nice to see them using their leverage to help Xbox

2 Likes

how?

"NetEase and Microsoft Gaming have also signed an agreement to bring NetEase titles to Xbox consoles and “other platforms”.

2 Likes

NetEase doesnt have games

NetEase - Wikipedia

They’ve been mobile-focused but are moving to console/pc as well.

2 Likes

NetEase is publishing a game im very interested in -

Once Human so if this helps get it on Xbox Series X/S day one, awesome!!

1 Like

Thanks to the incredible work done by @Blizzard_Ent and NetEase to renew our commitment to players, we will soon welcome back millions of community members in China to our Blizzard universes. This is exciting for everyone at Xbox, Blizzard, and for players everywhere. Read more: https://t.co/JKuZAH6bLj

— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) April 10, 2024
7 Likes

NetEase is one of the companies that has been poaching studio leads and funding their new studios. Like Nagoshi (former RGG) from Sega. They’ve also got lots of mobile and gatcha games, the Marvel Rivals game just recently announced as PC only, etc.

6 Likes

Oh I had forgotten, I just hope Xbox stays away from gatcha.

Great move and I’ll be really interested to see if Project Mugen moves over to Xbox.

1 Like

I don’t think they will, gatcha is pretty big, and Xbox was already skipped by a game as big as Genshin. So, I think they’re likely to go for some gatcha money.

This could be huge for Game Pass heck they could even maybe get Halo and Sea of thieves here.

1 Like

Hoyoverse skipping over Xbox is a massive oversight that they would absolutely not allow to happen again. There’s a reason as to why MS invested into supporting the Palworld dudes w/ the Game Pass release.

2 Likes

This is huge for Ms, glad to see Phil making big moves as Netease is big and getting all of those Blizzard games back in China is great for the players over there as well who have been missing out all this time due to the previous leadership at Activision.

2 Likes

China is a pretty big market in Asia, and this could bring in an influx of subs to Game Pass PC.

3 Likes

While I do not care for this much, this clearly is a good thing for Xbox the platform, in which case I’m always happy about that.