Bethesda/Machine games are doing an Indiana Jones Game (Confirmed)

All deals are made before the acquisition because the acquisition did not happen yet. Far more important than exclusivity is (for me) that the game will be on Game Pass Day 1.

#BestDealInGaming

5 Likes

If not exclusive, then Day 1 on GamePass with either PS5 down the road, or same day but Xbox being the target platform with all the marketing bells and whistles.

If any Bethesda games end up on PS5 just shut down xbox console production and be a third party developer then. Zero reason ZERO to spend 7.5 billion to give games of this caliber to your competition.

6 Likes

The Bethesda acquisition needs to go through like yesterday, this is getting silly.

4 Likes

Iā€™m honestly more interested in playing this than a Wolfenstein game. And I donā€™t care about exclusivity, itā€™ll be available for me on Xbox. Thatā€™s all I care about.

1 Like

Oh wow, thats pretty cool news.

Was it ā€œEmperorā€™s Tombā€ or something out on the original Xbox? I seem to remember that being a touch rough but ā€œfeltā€ right thematically. Hmmm, wonder how much a copy of that isā€¦

[edit] found a copy for 5 notes on ebay. Thatā€™ll do to add to the ever growing pile of old Xbox games I will ignore when some new shiny hotness shows up.

2 Likes

Agreed. The only game I see being multi-platform outside of Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo is Wolfenstein III.

Iā€™m sure they can moneyhatt this

2 Likes

I am flipping out right now. The only thing I love more than Star Wars is Indy. This is absolutely, positively great news :sob::tada::tada:.

They should

I donā€™t really care if it is exclusive or not. I am more than satisfied to be playing this on Game Pass on day one.

But one thing I can say with certainty: all this talk about exclusivity is making people hear and talk about Xbox. And thatā€™s all that Microsoft needs. Sony fanboys are actually helping Xbox without even realizing!

8 Likes

You mean who did the ritual RIGHT :wink:.

Cant believe some of you are happy with just gamepass day 1. Xbox needs to grow and show its serious about its unique portfolio which is what people use to differentiate the systems and the former is just not good enough.

2 Likes

I only care about playing the game I want without paying more for it. I leave all those financial shenanigans with Phil and crew. PlayStation and Switch owners not being able to play it wouldnā€™t benefit me in the slightest and I couldnā€™t care less :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I mean, if all games were able to be played everywhere, would that hurt anyone? Or would it make it easier for games to succeed?

Iā€™d still play on Xbox because I like the ecosystem better, I prefer Microsoft to have my data more than other companies, etc. But it would allow game dev companies and publishers more chances to succeed.

I also believe it will be better on Xbox due to the hardware, but it wasnā€™t that way last gen until halfway through, and I still played there because I liked it better.

Xbox being the best place to play however you want matters more to me than them locking up their games the way others do.

I get excited about exclusivity, but it does not really give me a benefit over something anyone could play.

Quantum Break, which I loved, probably would have been more successful had it been on other stores as well. So Iā€™m not really bothered if this game isnā€™t exclusive, as Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be great on Xbox anyway.

3 Likes

Yeah right, you totally didnā€™t know about this game, sure Jan, I mean Phil :joy:

5 Likes

If you dont think its ridiculous to pay 7.5 billion for a publisher, its ipā€™s and all the human capital involved just to have a game pass early access window then idk what to say.

1 Like

To be fair we canā€™t even guarantee the game will even come to Gamepass, because we do not know the content of the agreement between Zenimax and Disney. If it is a royalty on every copy sold then that would very much complicate matters.

Its multi format?

As soon as the deal goes through, I think the title becomes exclusive

1 Like