Battlefield 2042

We are still waiting on confirmation.

Thatā€™s subjective isnā€™t it? I enjoyed the war stories in both BF1 and V.

1 Like

Itā€™s really not as unlikely as you are making it out to be. It is just a question how big of a cheque Xbox is willing to pay for it and that is up in the air for me atm.

The game is going to have a whole recurring revenue model that benefits from as many players as possible, so a Game Pass type deal would help with it without having to go to free-to-play and risk no upfront payment.

2 Likes

And the priceā€¦a bit steep for multiplayer only.

Which is why if this did end up being on GamePass that would be pretty huge, Iā€™d definitely check it out and probably be suckered to buying some MTX lol

4 Likes

Of course it is. I think the war stories where interesting, but didnā€™t really grab me.

Isnt xbox selling the Halo Campaign for $60 since the Multiplayer is F2P?

Exactly. ā‚¬80 for an MP game with what, 7 maps? Nah, thatā€™s like half a year of Game Pass right there.

the 7 maps are enormous and filled with ā€œmedium sized bf4 mapsā€ Iā€™m glad there arenā€™t 20, takes forever to rotate into your favs when there is that many.

3 Likes

We have this thing called Game Pass.

1 Like

True but if you dont have gamepass (Like the majority of xbox gamers) its pretty much in line with paying $60 just for the campaign.

Yeah, I guess itā€™s a bit different this time. Looking forward to the increase in size and players.

If you hate money and/or games sure.

1 Like

Yes. 64 players on Xbox One. 128 on X|S. Itā€™s in the description from the store. No smart delivery apparently, but when you buy the upper tiers, you have both versions.

1 Like

No campaign sucks, Iā€™m out on these MP only games unless it hits gamepass

Confirmation

4 Likes

Will that mean we cant play with/against Xbox One players?

I mean some people just dont care I guess

Trailer looked cool and Iā€™ll give it a try, but the lack of campaign is a real hype killer for me personally.

Just to set expectations Sunday will be Gameplay Trailer not Gameplay Demo according to Jackfrags.

Yes, some people are weird af.